Indicator Intermittent Fault - Front Stops Flashing As Soon As Engine Warm - Sc1000

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by FF_HOU, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Hi folks, I went to take the bike for an MoT today, and within a couple of turns from home, the RHS front intdicator stopped flashing (with associated double-speed flash from the rear). I returned to base, replaced the bulb and set off again, only to find the same thing. Contact cleaner, and actual cleaning of the contacts and same result. It seems that its failing when the bike it heating up, but not when off (unless already warm), or when just started..

Could it be an earth issue, or any other ideas I can try? V. low mileage bike, everything else dash-related is all working perfectly, no other issues..

Any genius out there?

thanks!

2. It's worth checking the contacts where the indicator unit connects into the loom (if not already checked). You may be getting some internal resistance in the unit itself which won't be accessible. Ideally you want to check the bulb contact with a multimeter for any resistance.

If the bulb is blowing that's more likely to be caused by vibration (loose/insecure mounting) or a loose contact.

#2 Travellingman, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks folks, found the issue, there was a nipped wire at the connector, the engine temp was a red herring after all! cheers.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information