Insurance For Non Owner

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Ivor, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Friend wants to borrow wife's monster but is struggling to find an insurer who will insure him as a non owner. Anyone any suggestions?

2. Add him as a named rider on your wife’s insurance. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Do you have rider policies in the U.K ?

The thinking is that I am insured rather than the bike - and they reason that a person can only ride one bike at a time. On this basis the policy covers all bikes including friends bikes and even demonstrator bikes from the dealer. Cost is no different to normal.

That is what I have got.

4. used to be what everyone had "back in the day". from what was norwich union. but don't believe they exist any longer

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. With the greatest respect Andy, I'd not want to put even the best of Friends on my insurance.
    If they have an accident it's your insurance that's claimed on, loses it NCB, is effected for years, etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. same, could not only lose NCB but friendship also.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. These guys do mega short insurance if required.

Cuvva

8. Bike is off road and not insured at all, hence why there's a problem, current wife hasn't ridden for 5 years or so

9. Think current wife said that actually so thanks

10. He doesn't have a bike currently, hence borrowing current wife's

• Like Like x 1
  11. Need to be able to tax the bike so this won't work

12. Current wife?

You planning on changing her for a newer model? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yep, thinking of uninstalling wife 2.0 and installing Girlfriend 3.0; apparently they won't run well together

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. You will need Conversion software 7.0

15. Not sure how long he wants it for, as this type of thing is very expensive, but at least he isn't risking a friendship

ducati-motorbike-rental.php

Or the other option is the cheeky sod saves up and buys his own, like normal people do!!! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thread moved

17. It's all sorted, just transferred legal ownership rather than registered keeper, he's now insured for himself as legal owner

• Like Like x 1
  18. Interesting conclusion. I've never had to produce anything to an insurer that shows I'm the owner of any vehicle - just a 'yes' or tickbox.

19. Wasn't worth the risk of not doing it, nothing sent to insurer, just an email between us

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information