Insurance Increase?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by NBB, May 12, 2023.

1. Has anybody seen a drastic increase in their insurance renewals this year? No matter who I get a quote from, its gone up on average £100 compared to last years premium. No changes to the policy and another years NCD to boot.

2. Thread moved

3. Yes I have. The fleecing bastards. And vehicle tax. Taxed my van yesterday. £320. I’m certain it wasn’t that much last year.. :thinkingface:

4. Yep - car insurance just increased by about a third

5. My car tax has increased too

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weirdly my car insurance halved, so I can't complain too much.

7. Phew…. Not just me then…. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mines gone up, my lads however has gone down from £400 on his moped to £275. Although he doesn’t care as such as he doesn’t pay it…….:confused:

My van insurance went up buy about £300 per annum but my motorcycle insurance came down about £50.

9. All my bike insurances have gone down this year, pothole tax has gone up though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Same here increase by £100. Looked at going third-party fire and theft and there was virtually just a few pounds drop.

11. Yeah, but if you get 3 points it won’t be just a few pounds increase…. :mad:

12. My bike insurance went down this year. I need to insure the car next month, so am expecting a trouser down situation.

13. Renewal quote today £30 more than last years cost, quick look on comparison sites and can find it almost £100 cheaper than the renewal price.

I like the company I’m with but £100 dearer than others is a bit much will give em a call tomorrow see if anything can be done.

• Like Like x 2
  14. My bike insurance renewal quote from my existing company has gone up £110 from last year, so they have been told to do one! I tried Ducati insurance, they quoted over a £1100, my last premium was £359, FC, when I ask them why such a ridiculous price, they said it was because the increase on bike thefts in the area, when I asked them when was the last reported bike theft in County Down, Northern Ireland, after a long pause, they replied with, oh we don't have that information available, what a joke, they were told to do one as well! Now still looking, FFS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Guess there is far more to insurance than I care about regarding risk of cover etc but this made me curious, quote from Ducati Insurance, £206 fully comp £1070 TPFT £151 TPO

Clearly doesn’t want TPFT not that I was after that BTW

16. Mine reduced this year.

17. Mine too. I'm with Ducati insurance which were a bit dearer than other quotes but I've stayed with them as when I've used them they've been absolutely fantastic dealing with claims. Sometimes it pays to have a company that you know will look after you when you've needed them to.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Just checking and:

both bikes were matched pound for pound by Ducati insurance (Flux)
    Car wise - wives work car went up by 20quid, my doggy wagon banger went down by 40quid
    Van - up by 50quid

So no where near as steep as allot of you it seems, but we live in a village full of older folk and in the arse end of nowhere so possibly down to area/postcode?

19. Getting myself a new V4 Rally, and looking online for insurance. On my old bike, I pay about £155 a year. Now on this strada they was £700+ a year. I feel like I'm getting shafted. Is it just because of the high bike cost in general?

20. Any new bike over 20k seems very expensive, I dropped the value on mine the second year to £19995 and the premium dropped by about 60 %

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information