Insurance - Old Git

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by gaz92, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Reno nearly complete and getting ready for the good weather, my thoughts turn to insurance.
    So here are some of the main points I think will affect the price. Hopefully someone can tell me if a price quoted by Carole Nash £265 is kind ok (ish) I will obviously try elsewhere and would be grateful of recommendation.
    Coming back to riding so no NCB. Mid 50's, said replacement value is £8000 (might be a bit high) Standard 1992 900ss. 2000 miles a year, what do people do tootling about 6 months of the year. No car claims or convictions. Bit annoyed taking car claims and convictions into account but not applying car NCB. Comprehensive, annual.

Cheers Gaz

2. happy with BikeSure for around 5 years. They must be quite good because I remember their name.

3. +1 for bikesure - note they discount for club membership (and BMF membership). Not sure they are the cheapest but they don't seem unreasonable except if you want to change the bike on the policy in which case the admin fee is a bit OOT.

4. Bemoto

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Carole Nash was on their web site. Just done a "Confused.com" quote and they come in at £100 cheaper.
    The Bikesure is about £170, but a Bennetts at £151 with riding other bikes, overseas riding and breakdown seems OK. Its got a £300 excess but and bits and bobs like that I will fix myself anyway.

Cheers Gaz

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Bemoto (Titanium) about £225 no riding other bikes which ok. £50 excess.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. £212 Carole Nash fully comp, similar situ as I'd lost all my NCB as hadn't been riding for 2 yrs. 3rd party riding other bikes. There were probably slightly better deals to be had, but CBA.

8. With a bike that age you could look at a classic policy. Footman James is a company I use to insure multiple bikes. They are often cheaper, and will do an agreed value on the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information