Iom Tt 2024 - Advice

Discussion in 'Touring' started by pasty PFC, May 26, 2024.

1. Hi all,
    I’m off to the IOM TT this year with a mate. I’ve been before but this is the first time with my bike. We are there for the end of race week.

I have three places I’d really like to watch from; bottom of Bray Hill, Barregarrow & the Bungalow. With only two days of racing I’m wondering if it’s possible to watch the morning from Bray hill then the afternoon at Barregarrow. Of course with the road closures this is tricky. Any tips on how to do it? Is it actually possible? Inside/outside track? Do you have to be at Barregarrow early to get a good spot?

Then for the seniors we could do Bungalow for the day.

I’m interested to hear views, tips and general chat to heighten my excitement.

2. Yes, it's possible. If you're watching at bray hill, you'll need to be there before 7am to get a fence side spot, it is stepped but the best view is fence side.

You're on the outside of the course.

You can move and get to barregarrow. You'll need to take the back roads to peel then ride up the coast road to kirkmichael, before kirkmichael, look out of the little back lane signposted barregarrow.

Take that and ride up until you reach the church. Now, you're in the outside of the course, you'll only be able to watch from the chapel grounds and adjacent field, good, but not the true barregarrow experience.

Barregarrow is a crossing point though, if you time it correctly, you can cross with the bike, park in the field or the lane and watch from the inside of the course.

It's a tricky move but not impossible. You'll be lucky to catch the crossing point though.

Barregarrow gets very very busy, limited view at the bottom and packed. Better on the inside of the course at the crossroads, fast and lairy. I always take a day at the crossroads and I've been going for 38 years.

You can also get to brandywell easily on the inside of the course from barregarrow.

Seems a bit hit and miss but there might be some catering at barregarrow but on the inside.

If i were you, knowing what i do, I'd watch the senior from bray hill and Fridays racing from barregarrow then move up to brandywell for the second race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Thread moved

4. Bray to Barregarrow is doable via the access road and past the injebreck reservoir.
    I would Choose the day with the better forecast for your Barregarrow / Brandywell races. Its pretty bleak up top on a cloudy and breezy day. Then again the breeze will keep the midges off. If the sun shines you may roast and then be dined upon by the voracious little biting bastards.
    The only guarantee is that you will Enjoy the racing whatever.

5. Thanks both, that is some tip-top advice, exactly what I was after!

6. Get some Avon so soft, her indoors uses it, I pinch the bottle twice a year.... The midges hate it

7. Ha ha that’s brilliant. It wasn’t the kind of advice I was after but it is brilliantly valid. I am now the owner of a bottle of ‘so soft’…but I’m not telling anyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Your advice was brilliant. I am now practiced in using the roads inside the course. One thing not mentioned was the need for south westers! Hardly seen a wheel turn in 3 days! Hoping for some racing today…

IMG_4726.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information