Iphone 8

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by camelfarmer, Sep 7, 2017.

1. https://www.theinquirer.net/inquire...ce-pre-orders-tipped-to-begin-on-15-september

Sounds like it's gonna be revealed next week and released at the end of the month.

£775 for 64gb and £850 for 256gb.
    For comparison I paid £690 for a 128gb iPhone 6 which two years down the line isn't working brilliantly, having problems with picking up wifi and location services.

- curved screen
    - wireless charging
    - no headphone socket
    - no home button
    - improved cameras front and rear
    - oled screen with 3D Touch.

Personally I can't afford one, but if I have to replace this piece of shit because it stops working or gets worse, I think I will have to suck it up and pay for one as I can't be arsed with learning a new system on an android phone.

2. I've never had an IPhone and have always been Android as firstly, the iPhone reliability sucks, second, they cost too much, and third, being tied into iTunes would piss me off. To be honest, I don't get excited about phones, but........i had my last HTC for 6 years and it never failed once, and I've now had a HTC 10 for over a year, and same again, it just works :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Apple products used to be like that. I've got an 11 year old iPod that still works. And their laptops "just work" compared to the terrible reliability of windows pcs. But the new stuff, especially the phones.... I think they're built to last the contract duration - two years at most.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Well it wouldn't be too difficult to engineer in a clocked fault would it, and who's going to know ? I just prefer Android, more freedom with movies and music.

5. Different experience here, iPhones have been reliable and get handed down through the family. We've currently got a 7, 6S, 6, 5S & 3GS. All working as intended. I never bother with iTunes or any other system, just stream & cache locally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm trying an iphone at the moment, honestly it is total dog sh*t. Going back to android.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I had the first iphone and another model a year or so after the launch. It took me that long to research and find out that the 'phones from rivals were always better priced, often similarly (for the price) equipped, and invariably better battery life. After purchasing my first Sony, it took me less than five minutes to adjust to the differences in OS. I would buy another iphone, but only when they are as good as the competitors.

Take a deep breath, buy a great phone and enjoy the benefits and the extra cash in your pocket instead of Apples' - I heard their bank account was full already...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Better battery life is a big reason for using Apple over Android. That and security. Have tried many over the years and never gotten on with them.
    Mind you, pre-3GS the iPhone wasn't good.
    Each to their own.

9. Quite the opposite in my experience and that of others I know with recent iphones...

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. It'll depend on use-case I guess. It works better for me & mine.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ive had each and every model of iphone. No issues.
    I run macs at home and thus I find iTunes handy. I buy lots from them.
    Everything sync's without fuss.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. My experience with the battery life on Apple was awful, but apparently -based on Google searches- their current larger models are better than previously although the small ones are not...

I would never buy a large screen 'phone!

#12 Jez900ie, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  13. The 'plus' bigger iphones indeed have excellent battery life, but suffer from being too large for the average Dainese pocket.

14. Android all the way - ive got an s8+ at the moment and its brilliant. Its the first android phone that ive owned that ive not needed to root or reflash....does everything really well....bought the other half an 8 last month too...shes well pleased with it. Id say on both of them the stand out feature is the camera...so much so that i may even flog our DSLR as its doesnt get any use any more....

• Like Like x 1
  15. iPhone and Mac user too. Never had an issue with any iPhone or Mac (all work paid for though which is nice). The wife also has had many iPhones and is now on her 3rd MacBook. All of which have been great.

My 2011 MacBook Air is only now starting to need replacement and I'm a pretty heavy user. Windows PC's and laptops fail quite often by comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. iPhone user here
    From the 4 and now a 6
    Battery last all day and depending on usage into the next day.
    I think Apple just works too have tried the kids androids and friends but cant get on with them

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Got a 6 Plus and tbh as OP said it is crap, takes forever sometimes I have to close it open it as apps freeze and I also think it is to do with searching between wifi and phone signal. All apple gear used to be so much better years ago till they started using Intel, says it all really

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Snap

19. I have had the 5s, the 6 and now on the 7 never had any problems, battery life is down to usage, I have a ton of music on my laptop and its drag n drop in to Itunes then sync to phone, I don't use Itunes to purchase my music no need.
    Security is better on the Iphone as all apps are rigourously tested and tried prior to being sold on Itunes where as with android you can download any old 3rd party software but there is no guarantee it won't fook up your phone,
    All phones have their pro's and cons and when you list them they equal out, it really is down to user preference. I have 3 phones two work ones and a personal phone,
    Work Phones, Windows phone Nokia & HTC android base.
    Personal phone Iphone 7 and by far out performs the other two.

• Like Like x 3
  20. I see the OP has listed prices, people always moan and say the Iphone is over priced ?????
    The current two most expensive phones on the market
    Samsung galaxy note 8, 64gb £869
    Samsung galaxy S8 Plus, 64gb £779

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information