is it just me ???

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 748spike, May 7, 2012.

1. or has anyone else worn the inside heel of there right boot on the tyre when going round left hand bends, i ride a 748 and maybe its because of the single sided swingarm ?? its costing me a small fortune in boots. maybe its just my riding style

2. Get some corse type heel guards.

3. where can i get some?

4. cheers i have the standard heel guards fitted which look the same size? do they do extended ones lol maybe i,ll have to try and change my riding style

5. How's the tyre fairing (NPI) Spike?

6. You sure its off the tyre? mine has no heel guards and I melt my boots on the exhausts

7. Thinking about it, I cannot see how you manage to get your right heel neart the tyre. As ducv2 says, there's a bloody great set of twin pipes there. My lef boot heel gets close to the tyre (a 195 section jobbie) on oaccasion, however the corse heels guards do just as they say. And they are a damn site bigger than the standard ones.

8. Yh it's definitely my boot touching the wheel and not the exhaust.

9. Hi CHRIS the tyre comes off a lot better than my boots it just leaves a shiny smooth patch around the edge of the tyre.

10. You're just trying to pretend it's your boot and not a file trying to cover up the chicken strips......:wink:

AL

11. Ha ha there's a thought but it puts the chicken strips back on when I try my hardest to get rid of them lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information