Is there a better UK road than the A483 Newtown to Builth Wells?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by DukeXTC, Jun 7, 2013.

1. If so, please tell us about it.

I rode from Oxford to Rhyader and then up to Newtown. This is the third time I've done this road. 1st time on a 996, 2nd on an S2R1k and this time on my Mutley. It gets better every time. Put the bike into Sport mode for the first time and it's a completely different animal. More yelping under my helmet.

Put another 350 miles on the bike - now up to 1215 and I only picked it up 2 weeks ago. At this rate, I'm gonna do 10k miles by the end of summer! But loving every mile so far.

1000miles down.jpg Erwood bridge1.jpg Erwood bridge2.jpg Erwood to Painscastle.jpg New Strand Eardisley.jpg

1000miles down.jpg

Erwood bridge1.jpg

Erwood bridge2.jpg

Erwood to Painscastle.jpg

New Strand Eardisley.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. :upyeah:

Wish I could enjoy piling on the miles alone, these days unless I'm with others I find it a little boring. Maybe I just need a numpty..

3. Newtown - Welshpool is a great road, cross gates etc plenty of good roads around there... In fact I suspect I'll be somewhere near there tomorrow

4. I very rarely ride with others and have pretty much ridden on my own for the past 25 years. ANd yes, if you want to do a lot of miles quickly and comfortably, then it'll have to be a numpty (as you like to call it). I get bored just riding for an hour or two on roads that I've ridden time and again. But wherever, whatever and with whomever you ride, enjoy it as best you can.

5. the 494.......dont they call it the taffy ring....

6. Betws y coed down to Dolgellau and across to Bala by for the best in Wales

• Like Like x 2
  7. Up until couple of years ago, we'd be out most weekends in the summer doing new roads, just head in a direction and spend all day doing it. Its nice to stop, have a laugh and a coffee then crack on for another tankful

When I think back to a year on my GS I used to do more solo riding, think its defo a bike-type thing. Maybe if I come into money, and grow a few nches, I'll get one to go with my 848 lol

8. And I'll have to make some friends. :biggrin:

9. Great roads,great road kill what the hell is that on the plate:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Some nice roads this way
    Nice ride from Hereford to Crossgates and onwards :)

11. yes.
    head to fort william
    pick up the "road to the isles"

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cracking run, but I tend to go down the back road to Bala rather than the main road in

13. Liver n onions at the New Strand in Eardisley. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelishus!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Newtown to Crossgates is my favourite regular road but Invergarry to the Kyle of Lochalsh (and then up the west coast) in Scotland is even better.

15. Enough please,superb roads,but if we tell everyone!!!!

16. my god that sounds disgusting...

17. Couldn't agree more, the Newtown to Crossgates road is stunning, also, the A4212 Bala to Trawsfynydd.

We rode through Newtown today and for the first time ever, didn't do the crossgates road.... somebody wanted to go and play at the seaside instead. :wink:

18. I'm often around Brecon, Llandovery, Abbergavenny way but haven't been up as far as Newtown. Will have to give the A483 north a go. Further south, the A4069 through the becons is supposed to be awsome too, haven't been on it yet but will soon.

They've starting putting that evil grit surface down in some places though :mad:

19. did the Bala road last year on a tour with mates it opens with that amazing sweeping left hander that goes on for ages .had my mutly nearly flat all the way to the end trying to keep up with my mates , the grin factor just the best road i done in the uk ! we went back and did it again a few days later

20. Instead of taking the A483 from Crossgates to Newtown, you can take the A44/A470/A44 from Crossgates to Aberystwyth. I reckon it's just as good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information