Ive won a place for the Haslam Silverstone Trackday Sunday 29th July

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by mattmccabebrown, Jul 26, 2012.

1. My girlfriend entered a competion on Twitter and she won a place at Ron Haslam Track day on the National Circuit this Sunday. She doesnt ride, so guess what? :biggrin: :upyeah: I'm in the Ultimate Sport group which comes with some instruction from Haslam and John Reynolds :upyeah::upyeah:A full day too. Really looking forward to it. Is anybody else from here going?

2. if i couldn't get in to the donington party on tues i may well do this instead...........

btw

its the international circuit, kinda the bottom loop from the new wing pits not the old national!

3. Lucky so and so... not jealous at all!
    some peeps get all the luck! Bet your gf is a part-time supermodel between studies for her vetenary degree at Cambridge too yeh? :tongue:

4. Sarah is everything Ive ever wanted. She's pretty, makes me laugh and keeps me sane. She doesnt ride either, in fact hates me riding, but we cant have everything :biggrin:

5. Well we stayed the night in a Travel Lodge in Buckingham, which made the journey to Silverstone nice an easy. Also helped that it was a nice bright morning. We got to the circuit and then had to follow the mile long ring road to the new F1 pits. Wow is all I can say, they are seriously impressive. Its here where you get directed to your specific garage. Street Sport 1 and 2 (£149) are grouped together and Ultimate Sport (£200) get a garage to themselves. The sign in was really quick and as there was no static noise test (it was done as 105db on a drive by) that we pretty much the end of that. We had the usual safety breifing and in our group we had our own group of instructors who would stay with the group all day. This included Ron Haslam and three time BSB champ John Reynolds. They were all very helpful, fun and very engaging. In the unusual step we were out third, but instead of 15mins track time per session as supplied for the two other groups, we got 20. Each group was fairly small, but due to the standard of the riders, which varied alot in the Ultimate group, I was glad about the width of the Silverstone National Circuit. We were told under no circumstances to pass on the inside into corners, with a three strike rule in place.
    We had upto 7 sessions and inbetween we were supplied with free coffee, tea and water and had access to the Media Cafe on the third floor of the Pits, which is also a perfect place for family and friends to view from as you which have a great view of the start finish line.
    I liked the format and the atmosphere of the place and will certainly go back (They have a date in October) the only two real drawbacks. First, the fuel garage was over a mile away back in the International pits and as we were in a different garage it reduced the options to mingle around the riders (it wasnt a long walk to go and say hi thou)
    Did I mention it was on a Sunday, which really help save me some holiday time :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds like a great day! Jammy git! :tongue:

7. Ahh you always say the nicest things to me :biggrin::biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information