For Sale Ktm 990 Superduke

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by repoman, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not a Ducati I know, but still a nice v twin

KTM 990 Superduke 12123 miles 2008 (08)
    Standard bike, I'm the second owner
    Upgraded model with the radial brakes and larger tank
    Full KTM history from supplying dealer
    Excellent condition, tyres chain and sprocket all good, front tyre is new
    Bike needs nothing and is ready to go
    All documentation, folder, spare keys and keycard present
    Next service and MOT due December
    Really comfortable bike to ride

Looking for £4750 ONO

Please PM mail me if you need phone number or more details, photo's

Thanks
    Paul :)

IMG_20170606_194648_1.jpg

IMG_20170606_194735_1.jpg

IMG_20170606_194755.jpg

IMG_20170606_195046.jpg

IMG_20170606_195350.jpg

IMG_20170606_195243.jpg

IMG_20170606_195455.jpg

IMG_20170606_195235.jpg

#1 repoman, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Price drop to £4750 ONO before I stick it on ebay

Paul

3. Like the look of that. Good luck with sale.

4. Tempting, just haven't ridden one yet to know if its for me.

5. where are you based...

6. Thanks camelfarmer, bradders I'm in Coventry so not too far from Gloucester really, your welcome to view and try, i don't think you'll be disapointed.

Paul

7. Bradders, they are awesome and the engine is a peach (I'm currently on the 990 SMT but have been on the superduke in the past).

@Gimlet is another (recently former) owner who can attest to how good these bikes are.

I've replaced the airbox on mine and mapped it. Goes like shit off a shovel now and there's nothing out there I want to swap it for.

8. Yep. Lots of people ride Superdukes on track (and SMTs come to that). Top drawer suspension and brakes straight out of the crate and the trademark KTM sweet-handling chassis. If its to be ridden on the road as well I'd have one over 600 all day long. Its the best value performance V twin you can buy and as tough as old boots. Simple to service and inexpensive on parts too.
    The 990 Superduke R has a smidge more power but you pay more.
    Repoman's standard example is bang on the money price-wise and as its bog-standard it will pass all track noise limits. Depending on which cans are used "uncorked" bikes can creep over the 100 db mark.

Bradders, if you've never ridden one I'd take up Repoman's generous offer and take it for a spin. It'll mix it with 600s on the smaller tracks and have way more bang out of the bends as well as being a hoot on the road. Give it a try, see what you think.

I have sold my SMT and bought an 1190 Adv because its better for touring which is really what I want it for. Took some parting with though. Had to advertise it twice because I bottled it first time and pulled the ad. It was a simple, tough, incredibly competent and hilarious bike. If I was a rich man I'd still have the SMT as well as the 1190 and a bigger garage.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thank you JH_1986 and Gimlet, you have said exactly what i wanted to say but didn't want to be seen to be BIGGING the bike up.
    You have summarised the bike exactly.

Thanks
    Paul

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ex SMT owner here myself, put 26,000 miles on this one in just over 2 years :-
    [​IMG]

I think the 990 KTM's were ace fun bikes, great backroad blasters and really well built with good components.

GLWS Repoman, your Duke looks a minter and at a very reasonable price, amazed it hasn't been snapped up already!!

11. Thanks poucher, yes it is a nice bike and I think looking at whats out there I've priced it reasonably.
    I've got it on ebay now so we'll see what happens, I'll have a look at the superduke.net forum and maybe put it on there as well, it's already on the UK KTM forum.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just in case you don't know already, you need to keep bumping bike ads on the UK KTM forum. A massive amount of off-road bits and pieces get advertised and a page of stuff can be added each day. It will tumble down the rankings in no time if you don't give it a regular shove.

13. I'll go and give it a bump, it did disapear down the page pretty rapidly.

Paul

14. Now sold , moderators please close the thread
    Thanks
    Paul

15. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information