749 Leovince

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by xander296, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hi. I have a leo vince end can with the front pipe (to remove the cat) should this just fit staight on to a 999? mines 749 or are the link pipes different sizes?
    Also I have seen what looks like the same can with smaller outlets but mine has larger outlets does anyone know what the difference is? This is the one with the smaller rear outlets https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202868797456

Cheers and happy new year to the Duc owners

2. Do you have any photos of yours? Is it a straight 749 (not S or R) on to a 999 (non S or R)?

3. Mines a mk1 749 Screenshot_20200108-063048_Edge.jpg looks like that one, not my bike but same can you can see the difference in outlet sizes? Just wondered why?

4. The difference in outlets is that one is for street use and one is for track use (corsa) (see attached).

This brings me on to a query I have, does anyone know where I can get dB killer / baffles for the corsa system like you can get for the Termi’s?

There can also be a difference in the inlet too. Either the 2-1-2 set up or the asymmetric two pipe set up which is the one on eBay. I assume all 2-1-2 are aftermarket 57mm where as the asymmetric is 54mm and standard with the bike but I’m not 100%. I think the Termi’s have the same options, slip on asymmetric or 2-1-2 full system.

D8D49723-778C-498B-B5F1-498EE9EBEDE8.jpeg

5. Asymmetric vs 2-1-2 system

887A7097-E5E1-4B2C-B2B9-D0ACCB5BEA22.jpeg

6. Back to original query, as it’s a slip on then there’s a chance your 749 exhaust could fit a 999 if it has the same swing arm (black or grey).

I believe (more than happy to be corrected) that the full system is the same on the 749, 749S and 999 and that the 749R, 999S and 999R have a slightly different header to address the deep sump. The route of the rear pipes is slightly different depending on which swing-arm you have. So a slip-on with decat pipe isn’t necessarily straight forward.

7. Ah ok, ones race ones road makes sense, I have the race can then, it does not say on it "track only" so all good for the mot, well so far, I got a local exhaust shop to make some baffles up for me, they seem to work fine.

8. Any chance you can send me a photo of the baffles so that I can look in to making some / having them made?

9. Yep I will take one out at the weekend, I can always ring the exhaust maker see if I drop em off will he copy them, they are not like the termi ones they have a short pipe with holes in that are then welded to ovsls that fit in the outlets

10. I will try and get to it tomorrow evening, I will take a pic if you think they will work I will email the lad see if he can make thrm and how much for

11. Mark Smith did you see the pictures not great but you should get the idea

12. yes thank you, very much appreciated

13. Afternoon Guys, this is probably a long shot. But I'm on the hunt for a full titanium Leo Vince Corsa system for a deep sump 2004 749R. Anyone got/have connections to someone that has one for sale? Like Hens teeth i know, but I've got to try. Would love to get one for my Dad.

Regards

Ollie

14. I actually haven't seen any for sale since I bought mine (still not fitted) several years ago. Not full systems anyway. There are two slip on with a narrower exit for sale on ebay at the moment in Italy but that's not the same.

15. Yeah, that's what I'm gutted about. I just need to keep hunting. Something will pop-up.

What you doing with the system you haven't fitted yet?:p

16. I'm not really planning to sell it. I bought it as I had a 57 Termi with Stainless can but then managed to get a full Ti termi system with Ti can from the Netherlands and I installed that instead. One day I'll swap them over and then decide which one I want to keep. The Termi looks right but the Leo is a work of art in comparison.

17. Have you looked at this https://www.ebay.com/itm/335439950916 it would clean up but things like the number plate holder appear and header pipe from the front cylinder appear to be missing.

18. Well if you come to it and decide to sell the Leo, let me know. Chances are high that i wouldn't of found a decent one by then. haha

19. Cheers but that's no good for me. Having an incomplete system would bug me alot.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information