Likely Demise Of Two Twins

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by spanish, Sep 20, 2024.

1. Have been hankering over a second bike to join my Multi V4. The two runners have been a 1100 Scrambler and a Supersport 950S.
    As luck would have (or not) the Scrambler 1100 is being discontinued at the end of this year and the Supersport is rumoured to be on the way out. A real shame as I have been “wanting” these bikes for many months.
    Just wondered what the situation is re buying a bike that is about to be discontinued. Do they rapidly devalue, are deals to be had on the remaining new bikes, will spares etc still be available and is there anything else to consider?
    Should one touch or look elsewhere!!

2. Not surprised the Scrambler 1100 is being dropped, didn’t get an update along with the 800, oh well, I’ll be keeping mine then……

If Ducati have a lot in stock they may offer discounts to dealers to get rid of them which they may pass on to customers?
    I bought a year old MV Stradale 800 ex demo with 160 miles for £9k, they were £11,600 new. Few months later MV scrapped the model and dealers were knocking them out brand new for £9k, I would have been well miffed if I’d paid rrp for it :confused:

#2 Ackers, Sep 20, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2024
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Yes - fast deprec will overtake any discount but if you are keeping it long term, no real issue
    Yes - if you have a recent one bought at list, you will be annoyed, but if you were ready to buy at list, it will feel a bargain initially
    Yes - but if they were not a big seller when new, accessories and aftermarket stuff dries up rapidly.

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information