V4 Lockdown Boredom

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nigel Hill, Mar 14, 2021.

1. That really is it now, nothing else to bolt or stick on. Now I just need to get out and ride.
    6E7F0C3F-6A33-4254-A10D-3BE15CDC1BC0.jpeg 760BA740-E71C-41A5-BB02-1018468B4321.jpeg 274C568D-3511-466B-932D-AE39F2DE3B84.jpeg

#1 Nigel Hill, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. You need a front number plate to match your rear! IMG_3401.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The plate in the kit I bought didn’t fit as the kit was for the earlier bike, I will be removing the rears.

4. I think the white number plates tie in nicely with the old school decals, creating a cohesive whole, like the old 851/888 SP bikes that you're apeing
    Without the number plates, the white old school decals would be a bit out to sea on the side of the fairing, imo.
    I'd try an track down the correct front number plate instead of ditching the rear.
    Very nice bike, btw

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I like the old school logos. Works well

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah that looks sweet.... just the right balance :upyeah: Nice

• Like Like x 1
  7. just find the matching front surly? It’s always been a good look on the Red version. Subtle but enough to break it up without it looking OTP.... I’m a fan:).... quite like the black option too:punch:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plate ordered from Vulturbike this morning, not many too choose from for the 2020, (only one I think for certain). You need to choose the V4R options. Looks like the same one in the photo above. Cost an arm and leg with delivery. I hope I don't make a hash of fitting it.

By the way, what do you think of the rim tape?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not popular with many on here. Andy

10. It'll probably fall off on the first ride anyway, if I've had anything to do with it

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Maybe some gold wheels would finish it off nicely :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nice looking bike, agree about the front number board. PM'd you, Nigel

13. I found Carbon World in Germany worked out cheaper when I bought Vulturbike graphics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ordered already, but when I mess up fitting I'll know where to re-order.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Fitted the front number board. not perfect, as it didn't really fit. Bit wrinkly in places. May re-do at a later date
    pa.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Where did you get the front number board from? I got mine from Vulturebike in Germany and it didn't really fit, and ended up struggling not to get load of wrinkles in it, the rear ones were okay.

17. Vulturebike, Exactly the same with mine. At one point it nearly got ripped off and binned. There are a few wrinkles too the left of the nose cone, just below the number 1. I'm going to have another go at it with a heat gun tonight. Gave up last night.
    It doesn't really fit. The problem is the board needs to sit higher, but if you do this, it doesn't cover the original DUCATI logo on the front. If you could zoom in on this picture, you could just see the bottom edge of the I.
    I think I did well to get it as good as it is. To be honest, even if I had a fresh Decal, I don't think I could improve it myself.
    I'm hoping I can get rid of the wrinkles.

#17 Nigel Hill, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  18. I’ve fitted a few of these myself..... it’s definitely a knack ;) and a very time consuming one at that. Biggest thing is use plenty of spray and take your time..... not something to do in a rush! And it’s easier with the nose cone off:upyeah: looks good though. See if you can work them creases out nowo_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information