748 Log Book V5 How To Tell Whether It Is Real And Not A Copy

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Markie, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Hello British brothers i'm trying to re register my british ducati in italy i have got all the documents of the bike V5 ( with the export side on the right hand side tear off and given to the DVLA by the owner ) and the Mot 2024 , and i'm sure that the fella who sold me the bike has given me the original documents , i'm also sure of that ;because at DOVER the British border force pulled me over checked the bike and the documents and i believe if that the V5 was a copy they would have spotted that first hand , but aside of that , in Italy to re register the bike they asked me to authenticate the V5 by the owner :astonished: or by the British consulate here :laughing: well that makes me laugh , how can i go to the british consulate in Milan to have a stamp on the V5 stating that that is a real document and not a copy ?
    can anyone help on that ?

cheers

2. Whenever I needed to do this when living in CZ I had to use a Notary. Maybe there’s something similar in IT.

3. I think an original DVLA V5 is watermarked with 'DVL', which should confirm you have an official V5 (or not....), so at least you will be able to confirm that you have a genuine document.

Not sure what you would need to confirm this to the Italian registering authorities though, but as CODA suggested, a statement signed by a Notary seems like a good start.

Have a look at 'Get your document legalised' on www.gov.uk.

HTH.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information