Looking For A New Ktm ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Android853sp, Oct 21, 2024 at 2:02 PM.

1. #1 Android853sp, Oct 21, 2024 at 2:02 PM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 9:07 AM
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. That 300 looks a hoot, can you ride that on a kids license?

3. That’s cheap for the 390 adventure. Well it’s cheap for all of them really.

It does beg a few questions though. They’re stated as being MY23s so 2 years old (as MY25s hit the dealers). Are these bikes Blade ordered but couldn’t sell or have KTM been making bikes without orders?

4. KTM are buggers for dropping their prices in the month or so before the new , as in next years models come out.
    It slaughters the 2nd prices of bikes a year or so old. great if you are happy to by ‘last ‘ years models which is what we do with their mx bikes but less so for everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Also you have to spend money with blade motorcycles….. check out the Swindon bikers groups for feedback about the dealership, I too, have had absolutely horrendous experience with them

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Began at the start of the year in France, with the 1290 Superduke models. Discounted and warranty extended to 4 years.

My take, great if you like the KTM (loving the Superduke..) but you need a decent dealer. Teething problems are common. My bike dropped a valve and had to be rebuilt.
    Will the dealer still be there in 2 months…2 years….are they any good? If so, great value.

As to KTM discounting, they all do it. Should have seen the glut of BMW r1250gs when the 1300 came out, they were well discounted and used values were a joke!
    We dont do motorcycling as a way of staying wealthy after all, it would be the completely wrong choice :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Which implies they’re making bikes without orders or why else would you have to sell off current stock cheaply? Not a good business model and may go part way to exploring their current financial difficulties.

I can’t say that occurred here in ROI but then we’re a tiny market compared to anywhere else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Interesting comments.
    Our local dealer admitted they over ordered on mx bikes and have gone the other way now and had very few 2025 bikes.
    We asked about a 150sx but no way would we pay £9200 for a bike that we know at the end of the year will be selling at £7200.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Interesting post in FB

IMG_1059.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information