Looking For Accommodation Recommendations For Ne Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Touring' started by ymfb, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Later in the year three of us are cycling the Way of the Roses aka WOTR, which runs from Morecombe to Bridlington. Some do it in one or two days, but we are planning a three day ride with two hotels each for two nights as it’s a five hour drive from home.

My wife is the support driver and will be dog walking while we are pedalling across the country. We need dog friendly with secure storage for 3 bicycles.

We have found lots of options for the first two nights, but the second two nights are proving more difficult. Ideally we want near or just East of York, it doesn’t have to be actually on the WOTR. It looks like there is nothing east of York, but that can’t be right.

Ideally a pub or hotel with good evening meals and breakfasts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. When you say East of York, how far away from the city do you want to be?

3. Thread moved

4. Closer the better, ideally less than 20 miles.

5. If you want easy access to Brid, somewhere like Stamford Bridge would be good. The Londesborough Arms in Market Weighton is in the way too.

I’ve heard the Star Inn at Nafferton is basic but good.

Have a look at the map and see what’s ideal, if I know of anywhere, I’ll let you know. We’re not short on places to stay round here!

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you want east side of the city, try The Rose and Crown on Lawrence Street.

Cracking boozer and I’ve heard the rooms are good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the replies, we have now booked two nights nr Cracoe and two nights north of York, looking forward to the ride.

@admins you can close this thread if you like, thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information