For Sale Looking For Advice Selling A Honda Nc29 Gullarm Track Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Android853sp, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Finally decided the little 400RR needs to go to a new home. It was bought as a track bike and unless you have a loft full of standard Honda parts, I cannot see it going back on the road. Full running order, carbs just rebuilt, spare wheels, spare forks and a spare parts donor engine that has already had the inlet cam robbed.

A 400cc is never going to be a rocket on track but it has been an absolute hoot to ride and was followed by an instructor who said it was doing an indicated 115mph on the back straight at Almeria. As a going concern, it would be an ideal starter track bike, especially for a teenager but may also have more value as a donor bike for the parts, which includes a new, stainless exhaust. That's the dilemma, advertise as a track bike or a spares donor. Opinions ? Andy

2. If it’s up and running then I’d sell as a track bike. Breaking for parts is a lot of hassle and you always end up with bits hanging around for ages.
    I’ve had a few cbr400rr ‘s and they really are brilliant fun.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. A track bike will sell for more than a bike for spares

Theoretically, if you break it for spares yourself, and sell the parts, you could get more for it, but as @Zeus said, it is a lot of hassle, and you could end up with some bits left over for a while

4. If it’s all together and useable as a track bike then sell as that. Bear in mind people still race these. I’ve thought of buying one myslef, a hoot and suitable for most U.K. tracks and be capable of a good pace

• Like Like x 1
  5. And I had more than 120 out of a 400 back in the day…..indicated ;)

A 600 or 900 motor in that smaller chassis would be one I’d buy…

6. thanks @cookster but i am also selling my nc29 :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Nnnoooooooo!!! How come?

8. i cant do the off road and run a track bike too, i just dont have time or knowledge to do everything by myself, :(
    i may even sell the pani once ive done a ducati day with it

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. You can't sell the pani !

10. I may be interested in a 400 I can use on road and track

• Like Like x 1
  11. Speak to @iamme

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Sorry mate

13. You tell 'em Andy :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I put a 600 motor in one of mine it was one of the best bikes I’ve owned.

• Like Like x 2
  15. How easy is that then? Andy could sell his cheap and someone slot a 600 in for an epic sleeper track bike….

• Like Like x 2
  16. I fitted the cbr600 fl engine (it was before the later engine was available, 25+ years ago) it bolts straight in at the back and then you need to shave a slither off the front mounts to squeeze it in, other than that it’s just a bit of wiring and exhaust faffery. People have done 900 engines in them but it makes them too heavy and wallowy.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information