M1200 Heated Grips Connector For Satnav

Discussion in 'Monster' started by martinO, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Hi all
    Anyone used the unused heated grips (cream coloured) connector under the tank near the front on the left side. Told its for connecting to heated grips. Has anyone used this to run A satnav (off to the alps in the summer). Any problems with doing this? Cheers Mart

2. If your advice is correct, the only issue will be the higher value fuse for the heated grip. Your sat nav will short out if there is an electrical failure, not the fuse. If you change the fuse in the fuse box to one of an appropriate value or wire in, an in-line fuse in your sat nav power feed wire, that should prevent a mishap. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers Andy, good advice to put the on-line fuse in. I will give it a go.
    The advice said the connector is Ducati Multistrada Monster & Diavel Heated Grips Outlet 2017- 1x 2 way Connector | eBay if anyone else is thinking of doing this. I will update when the parts come and I have tried it.
    Typically from the data I can find heated grips draw about 3.5-4 A and satnavs 0.5-1 A so this should be well inside the power consumtion of the heated grips.

4. Just an update the connector and satnav work perfectly, connected to the heated grip connector.
    Bought an optimate 12v socket from sports bike shop 630066 Tec Mate Optimate / AccuMate Battery Charger Leads (TM) - Cigar socket lead TM68 1 £11.58 cut the terminal block off and added the connector from eBay above then the standard Garmin cigarette connector (which has a 1A fuse inside it) can be fitted anytime to it (or a phone charger). By adding a ballmount M6 Screw / Bolt Hole Fitting wih 1" / 25mm Ball | eBay you can then fit a satnav holder and put the cigar socket and garmin connector inside the satnav holder box. It looks ok like that and you only have a ball fitted to the steering damper mount when removed.
    Works for me anyhow.
    Cheers All - Mart

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information