V4 Mag Wheels

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gareth Moffatt, Jun 11, 2024.

1. What options are there for magnesium wheels for my 24 V4R? Gold of course

2. OZ Cattiva Magnesium Wheels for Ducati

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. In the heyday of the ‘racing’ magnesium alloy wheels of the 1990’s, higher magnesium content and manufacturing techniques made a big difference between the two. Today, the reduction in the percentage of magnesium in the alloy and with the improvement in materials manufacturing, the weight difference is now small. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Personally I’d go for the Dymag alloys. They also come in gold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Personally I’d go carbon. The stock forged aluminium wheels are alrieadt light and magnesium replacements are near identical in weight. However, carbon wheels are lighter than the others but not only that……. The distribution of the majority of the weight in the carbon wheels is at the hub in comparison to the forged rims so the rotational/gyroscopic effect of carbon rims is far better than the other rims. Just my 2p’s worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes. Agree. Brilliant. Until it all goes wrong….

IMG_0161.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dammm….how did you do that?

8. It’s a long story but on track obviously.
    BST could repair the wheel at 50% of the price of a new one plus shipping. I cut my losses.

• Like Like x 1
  9. M10 marchesini mag and be done with it! Still used by the current factory WSB team!
    IMG_1264.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Damn! That’s one saucy bike you have there, very nice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. But that would be pretty much the same case for any wheel. Mag wheels can crack very easily. It’s why they have to be Xray checked to look for structural damage.

12. True. But an alloy wheel would be a simple repair.

13. Personally I wouldn’t trust any wheel that has been repaired, but that’s just me I guess

14. I’m the same. I sold my BST front with the damaged rear thrown in for “free” with an email chain from BST explaining repair costs and process.
    The guy who bought it (them) actually asked me after the advert being totally clear plus the aforesaid email if I thought it would be ok to use as it was still holding air fine. Some people :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. "It'll be fine from where I'm sitting, but I can't promise the same for you" would have been my response lol

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information