Marchesini Forged 3-spoke Front Wheel

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Salacious C, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Thanks for reading, I am after a ForgedMarchesini 3sp Front wheel off of a Panigale/Streetfighter/Hypermotard 939/950 SP/Multistrada Pikes Peak etc. Similar to the one below:

[​IMG]

If anyone has one going spare, do let me know how much you want for it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’ve just realised that my account makes me appear I am in the US.

I am UK based, so if anyone has any wheels for sale on this side of the world please let me know. Thanks!

3. The Panigale 1199/1299/V4 and Streetfighter V4 front wheels of that style do not fit the Multistrada or 950 SP. Those bikes have a wider front track than the Multistrada and Hypermotard. Andy

4. Thanks Andy, I wasn’t aware of that. Do you know where I can find the track widths of each bike? I’m happy to do a little jiggery-pokery to get them to work, but if it’s miles out it might be worth holding out for a hyper wheel. Annoyingly they don’t come up often.

There’s a battered one on eBay, but I think they want too much for it given the condition.

5. In the days of the 1098R/1198S, their forged wheels were lighter than the standard 1199 Panigale. Someone came up with a kit of larger wheel spacers and disc spacers which IIRC made up the 20mm (ish) difference. The 1098/1198 front wheels are the same size as the Multistrada and 950SP.
    That damaged 950SP wheel has been on eBay for a long time. I have an alert search set up on eBay for that wheel as I use it on my 1200 Multistrada 1200 track bike. If I see one, I’ll let you know. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thanks Sev... So it's looking like I'm after a Hyper 939/950SP or a Mulit Pikes Peak front then.

7. Bumpety Bump Bump... I am still after a front wheel if anyone spots one for sale!

Thanks, Marcus

8. I see the seller has put these wheels back on eBay for the third time so I guess you couldn’t thrash out a deal ? I’m still looking but wondering if it’s worth trying to engage with him. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah, I offered but he wanted to let the auction run... so I bid, then he pulled the auction early :rolleyes:

I think I'll just place a bid this time as before... not sure I can be bothered to deal with him through messages again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Suspected something like that. I’m happy to let you run with this one :upyeah: Andy

11. Yeah, it's exactly this. "No reserve"... but hang on a second, I spelt 'Wheel' wrong, better pull the listing on the morning of the last day.

12. The original auction listing started at £1000 with best offer, except he wasn’t prepared to accept an offer. The second auction listing started at £400 and was pulled and now listed for a third time, starting at £400 with a reserve or best offer. The seller’s expectation and market reality are a little too far apart for me to engage with them. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Glad it's not just me being tight!

14. I paid substantially less for the Panigale V4S rear and Hyper 950SP front I’m running on my current track bike. Add to his expected price the cost of new bearings (essential on a second hand front wheel IMO) and a repaint in my preferred satin black, I’d be offering £650 maybe £700 tops. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just went to bid… he pulled the auction overnight, again. I don’t think he understands that most bidding happens in the last 20mins.

I’m not sure I’m interested in buying from him.

16. Yes, I was a little confused by the boxes... it didn't add up to me.

The other thing that threw me a little is that I've not seen another silver set, but that's not a problem as I could get them refurbed black

I made what I thought was a reasonable offer, with a little wiggle room for him to counter, and he responded with £950.

After the offering three times, bidding on two different auctions and the disappointment of having them pulled on the morning of the final day, twice, I will now not buy from him. I could imagine he is the kind of person that upon arrival for collection he decided he is keeping them or he wants more.

17. And ……. he has listed them again. You would have thought there was a message to understand but he’s clearly not getting it. I’m going to take the advice of Dionne Warwick and walk on by :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information