899 Meet Penny - My New Lover.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by WhichBike, May 3, 2015.

1. It's official - I am in love... again.

What a bike. Had it a week and a half or so (lost track of time) and done about 600 miles.

I cannot get over it. The sounds, the feeling, the experience. It is almost overwhelming. I am an emotional bastard at the best of times. I still coo over it. I don't think i will EVER take its beauty and specialness for granted.

The feeling is indescribable. When I ride it I just feel so damn good. I feel very fortunate and grateful that I even own it. My ego gets a boost and people turn and stare at it.
    I enjoy waashing it so much. as if I was giving a bed bath to Amanda Holden... :)

What has surpsied me is that i seem to learn to love it more as every day passes. Does anyone ever get bored with this bike? OK, well, sometimes I just wish it had a touch more power, and other times I scare myself silly on a bend that I underestimated. That's the rub. i guess that is what makes it truly exciting.

I am soooooo glad I bought it. i think I would have regreted getting the Agusta F3 800.
    The S1000RR was a close call but I think it really came down to that IF I had bought the BMW I would have regreted NOT buying the Panigale more if I saw it, more so than the other way round. I see a BMW now and nod in appreciation of how bloody well engineered it is but it never did have that Italian magic.

Sorry to go on, but this bike was meant to be with me. :)
    It perfectly suits somebody like me who really feels passion and connection with special mechanical objects. I was the same with the sports cars I have owned.

Anyway, here are a few pics of Penny.. my beloved.

[​IMG]

So in love, i ddin't even realise I had left her on double yellows!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ok, so the latter image are a bit arty farty but, hey, when you are in love, you are in love.

Right, am off to stroke her..

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Congrats, refreshing to see you truly appreciate her! With that being said, I'm next, likely this week, I'm going for a 1299 or an 1199S (I wanted an 899, but pops wants more power and seeing as he's 60, it's likely his last shot at a sport bike...so he wins!). I'm drawn to the bike for a lot of the same reasons you are...it's not evenly remotely about the stat sheet. These bikes have soul, and I opine that you can't put a value on that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soooo cute :)

4. nice one :upyeah:

5. like watching romantic comedy with hugh grant. bit sick...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ha.
    I can see the headlines:
    "Man marries motorbike in special ceremony"

Umm... gives me an idea for a video.. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. I know how you feel I felt like that with my SS dizzy I loved her to bits and we just gelled
    Pity I can't find a man I like as much :D

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  8. It's a bike, not a female.
    Weird.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Is it just just me, or does anyone else find describing a motorbike as a 'lover' a bit disturbing?:eek:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. Yep, well wonky imo.

11. ...when is the 1399 out??

(*starts vicious rumour*)

12. There is no gender to a motorbike and even naming a bike I find odd.

I like owning material possessions and my bikes are some of my favourite toys but they are just that.

Each to their own but I don't get the female thing with a bike; I am more dispassionate about mine and will enjoy owning and using them and then cast them aside for the next best thing if I feel like it.

I'm divorced, of course.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Penny. ? Is that because you were drawn to it.?

14. 1316 next I've heard :Muted:

15. :Vomit:
    Spew

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Penny lover it's a song :)

17. Its somewhat odd to me to name motorbikes and refer to them as 'her' but give the boy a break, he's clearly stoked on his new bike.

Wish I could muster that level of enthusiasm for anything anymore.

18. Give him a break, fella I'm scared he's going to put a jimll fix it badge on it next.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I could for the new barmaid down my local:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Can a Ducati pull pints ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information