Metzeler Racetec Rr K3 As A Road Tyre ?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Android853sp, Aug 21, 2023.

1. I like this tyre on track and it does last well. Just wondering if it would last as well as something like the Sportec M7RR or M9RR. Any experience or opinion ? Andy

2. I have used Racetek RR K2 on the road (taken off my track bike and put on my M1100).
    I only ride in the dry - it was great however can’t vouch for longevity as I don’t do any big miles.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes not looking for big miles, same sort of 2000 maybe 2500 as the M7RR. Agree not for wet weather though. Andy

4. Yeah same as above, have taken K2's off a track bike and used on R6 as a road tyre - no issues at MOT they didnt question it.

but also only ridden in dry

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm looking at new tyres for the Panigale V4 as my K3s are needing replaced. Been using K3s on the road since 2019, firstly on S1000RR, R1M and now the V4. They've been great in the dry but not so good when it's cold and wet. I don't go out in the cold/wet if I can help it though

6. Be fine for summer dry use.

7. I've used Racetec/Supercorsa (basically the same tyre) scrubs on various sports bikes on the road. Super sticky in the dry but with consequent reduction in life. I used M9RRs on my MT10 and never managed to unstick them - I'd happily use them on a track day (at my 'bottom of inters' level anyway.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information