Michael Dunlop - Pbm Ducati For Tt2022

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Mattie821, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Great news.
    He will be riding the Paul Bird Ducati Panigale V4R at the TT this year.
    Excellent news.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Now I am excited......

• Like Like x 1
  3. So that's confirmed but still not confirmed his riders for BSB for 2022...

4. My phone is on standby......:D:p

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brooke’s still hasn’t signed. Rumour is his wage has been cut massively (not that surprising based on his performance last year).

sounds like the jobs unofficially official with Sykes

6. do you think there's a chance brookes won't sign? that he might just go 'screw it' and stay in oz for the sake of coming here to earn £30k

• Like Like x 1

7. Maybe. Who knows mate.

I wonder what his contracted win bonus arrangement would look like with that 30k.

I think he probably will sign, he’s just hanging out just in case?

8. I’m trying to recall a competitive Ducati team at the TT in recent (last 20) years? And really can’t think of any?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. He was signed for the cancelled 2020 tt on the V4R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rutter in 2011 had a couple of top 10 finishes on the Riders 1098.

McGuinness back in 2003 had a couple of podiums on the PBM 998.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I kind of get the impression that he is the type of rider that can bully any bike he is riding into first place… he has mahoosive cahonees

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I know, I was really looking forward to that in 2020 - but along came the 'rona and spoiled it. And that was 2 years ago followed by radio silence on the matter.

I have been looking in the racing news for ages to see if there was any news about whether he would ride the Ducati at the TT this year - and then it has just been confirmed. I knew they would have to say something very soon as we are now in March 2022.

Fantastic news - imagine if Michael Dunlop won the Senior TT on a Ducati - it would be epic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. That would be awesome, biggest problem is Peter Hickman.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. It would be awesome - the stuff of legend.

You're right about Peter Hickman, quick and confident in himself. Hew talks a good fight as well, and the current lap record holder.

Took this one of Michael Dunlop in 2017 when he won the Senior on the new GSX-R -

upload_2022-3-2_20-13-0.png

• Like Like x 2
  15. You are missing one name from the list of competition to Dunlop, people talk about Hickman and I agree but Dean Harrison IMO has been looking better and better and was the only one to go with Hickman and put him under pressure at the last TT

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. I’m not sure if I could see the panigale being that great at the TT especially with the lack of data.

But if anyone can throw it round there, MD can.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I'd agree with that.

Hickman is brilliant when it comes to the TT, but Harrison is right up there with him, and I'm convinced he's a serious threat when it all comes together on the day for him. I'm looking forward to them doing battle again this year.

Controversially I think Dunlop is past his best, but it would be nice to see a Ducati do well on the Island again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. I don't think that's controversial, I think he's a bit of a princess, or at least comes across like it in terms of seeming to fall out with teams, or not so much fall out but certainly 'not continue if things aren't how he wants it'. like when he rode the milwalkee R1 and gave up after the first night of practice

• Agree Agree x 2

19. I know what you mean but that team had some pretty serious issues and the TT isn’t the place to be experimenting too much imo anyway.

You’ve got to wonder how much the family losses would be on his mind. Surely anyone would be effected by it in that situation ..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. The elephant in the room is, as of today at 12:55, the BSB website is not showing a PBR entry. The first practice is in 3 weeks and the first race is in 6 weeks. There might not be a PBR Ducati V4R for Dunlop to race. Andy

#20 Android853sp, Mar 3, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information