Military Iphone Covers

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by pingping010101, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Hi Ducatisti,

I got permission from El Toro to post this in here...

Some of you may know my history, that I serve in the military and travel back and forth around the world doing things in the name of the Queen on the orders of some people that went to Eton. (They never ask for me personally but I like to think that they would if they could remember what my name actually is...)

Anyway... I'm still doing that job and recently my wife has started a business supplying high-end iPhone covers with military insignia engraved on to them.

Here's the website:

Military Covers

And here's the Facebook page...

MilitaryCovers.com

I'd be very appreciative if you could find a spare couple of minutes to have a look at my site and maybe like and share our page on social media - 95% of our orders are coming from Facebook - we are looking to just spread the word a little bit.

We are looking to expand the business in the future in to phone covers with business logos engraved on them too, so if you are a business owner or have a hand in branding, it may interest you.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for checking out our site, if you have time.

Ping.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Shared on Facebook
    Nice product :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ping

I'm secretary of the Devon vets assoc and we hold a big show every year in June (normally gets 2500 > 3k visitors).
    If you have any flyers or cards I will gladly put them out for you and it might get some business. I have a meeting with the Marines CSgt at Chivenor just after xmas (he is now our chairman) so could pass some info onto him also to put up in the base. I reckon a good few assoc members and military friends might buy some as well so will pass on the details.

Off topic but also if you have any "shareable" pics or stories on your exploits we would be interested to see them as we archive for lots of the museums as much is getting lost. Have someone who was in Afghan currently sending me his stuff to archive and display some of it. He is currently somewhere you wouldn't expect Uk military to be so we are discreet for obvious reasons. We have just archived loads of cold war stuff into Bovington and various museums etc and it all goes to educate kids etc in the future and record peoples exploits long after they have moved on.

keep up the good work

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Shared good luck Ping :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks everyone. I created a new poster today, what do you think? poster.png

#5 pingping010101, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  6. We've added a Naval option due to demand from sailors!

We could also do something like this if there was a demand... Please remember this is just an example at this time! test.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. What do you think of something like this if it supported the forum running costs? panigale3.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. If you do produce the Pani cover I'll have one please.

9. What about the RAF Regiment, or is the NAAFI name copyrighted?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  10. The RAF and Navy licences are separate to the army one and I haven't got the cash flow to pay for any more just now. It's on the cards though!

11. Have they been treated for woodworm and dry-rot protection?:wink:

12. Be careful which images you use of Ducati for your products; self-created images (photos) are fine but anything from Ducati (including marketing material) is copyright and you won't be able to use it especially for profit. Since Audi have bought Ducati they are very, very hot on this and have the resources to come down on you like the proverbial tonne of bricks.
    Also, the Ducati Forum logo is in Univers font which requires a licence, and the use of the word Ducati in that font also contravenes Ducati's trademark, so again you could get into trouble.

Love the military stuff though! One comment from me is that the first picture(s) show the engraving in super quality/detail and they look awesome. The poster that you've done just looks like cheap printed covers and personally I wouldn't look twice at it had I not seen the first pictures. Something to bear in mind?

13. I'm still waiting for the second batch of covers to arrive, so the only pictures I have are the design patterns! Once they arrive the website will improve.

All the Mil orders so far are pre-orders.

Thanks for the advice about the Ducati covers.

14. ...and another thing...!!!

I had a look on your website and think it looks great; clean, simple, stylish and shows the lovely engraving in high detail. However, there is no mention that these covers are officially licensed and again, that might be seen as a negative to some. It may be worth just including this somewhere; a paragraph in the About Us section and maybe even just adding "officially licensed" in there somewhere, or adding a paragraph under the logo on the home page with similar text in, and maybe some details about the materials used?

I'm just being picky as an observe and keen internet shopper, but I wish you well and every success with your idea and more power to your elbow for having a crack at it :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Good idea Tom.

Just had a look at your web page. I think the RA cap badge is the wrong one. The crown doesn't seem right. Might be the badge from the previous monarch looking at all the other crowns.

Kenya sucks by the way. It's raining!

16. I just had a check, it's definitely a queen's crown. I'll check it out any way! Thanks for the feedback!

Honestly, I don't ever want to go back to Kenya ever again.

17. Hi there chaps,

I was asked to make an R1 phone cover today, here is how it turned out.

If you have something you would like engraved on to a phone cover then let me know!

I will gladly donate to the forum for every cover sold through this post :)

DSCF2059.jpg DSCF2060.jpg DSCF2061.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nor do I. Just waiting to go to the airport. Will probably be back out in June though.

19. Also, are the covers available in any other finishes other than wood?

20. I can do leather and plastic, but i only stock wood. So anything else is possible but will take a little longer and may cost more/less.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information