Mixing Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Loverobot, Apr 20, 2014.

1. I need tyres for my 748s

Currently has a very new front corsa 3 but needs a rear
    What is the replacement for the Corsa 3? Thinking of going for a Diablo Supercorsa SP as intend doing trackdays but not sure if that makes the rear grippier than the front?
    Is it okay to stick one on the rear and keep the corsa 3 up front?

Also am buying a set for my 1198s
    Currently on Supercorsa BSB and intend putting Supercorsa SP on
    There are no weights on the wheels that are visible which is better looking - not sure if they can be inside ??

2. How can you balance a wheel by putting the weights on the inside? The tyre is fully inflated and seated for the balancing process.

Might just be that the wheels didn't need weights but highly unlikely.

I was always led to believe to not mix tyres, but now a days if they're of similar type etc can it be that wrong?

3. There is a risk that front, on track, will not grip as much as rear so you can push off the front (lesson learned for me) but...unless you are off the front the start with cant imagine its an issue. On road, itsnt matching for water clearance the reason most dont mix 'em? Not sur what impact such a different progile may have, as a SP is very tall v a Corsa which isnt

4. Looking on Pirelli website looks like the rosso corsa is the replacement for the corsa 3 so will stick that on rear of 748 - assuming v similar grip levels

Do Not Sell My Personal Information