1200 DVT Mode Settings

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Dale Taylor, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Apologies if this has already been discussed in another area, I have had a look around before posting....

I'd just like to get a feel for how you guys set up the different modes (if you do that it) I've had my DVT a month now and done just short of 1000 miles and I am really impressed in the main. I have now started to look at the different mode settings in more detail to see if I can tweek any for better riding. Most of the time I seem to spend in TOURING, either 1 up or 2 up, obviously changing the settings if I have 2 up. I have to say, the bike does feel a lot more planted 2 up. If I change to sprot mode it does seem to bounce about a bit, has anyone experienced this and tweeked the modes to suit? There is a hell of a lot you can change but I thought I would ask to see if anyone has found what they believe to be a "good" setup for like TOURING & SPORT, adjusting tht front/back and the preload etc...I know its all personal preference. Any tips/ideas/tricks would be greatly appreciated, still learning about these bikes after riding a Z1000SX.

Thanks guys (and girls) in advance ;)

2. Hi

Your comment that Sport Mode is bouncy - do you mean the ride is firm and harsh so you get shaken about or the bike is too soft and wallowy and the bike is bouncing - i.e under damped?

For me - I use touring mode standard suspension settings - but fast throttle / full power - I am 115KG

I tried sports mode and do not like it - it is too harsh for me - you feel all the bumps and not a comfortable ride due to the higher preload and the firmed up rebound and compression damping - that combine to make the bike react more precisely and sharper at the expense of comfort - but I guess if i was on a track or really pushing bike that would be the best from a handling perspective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi, Yes I find it very firm and unforgiving. I will try the touring setting with full engine power and see how that feels for me. I am 87KG, I just think the standard setting on the sports mode is too much but as you say if you were on a track it would be right, the roads around The Dales can be quite up and down. I also think as part of my recent 1st service the Ducati Dealer may have increased the tyre pressure (need to check) the front feels harder than I remember, maybe that wil help too.
    Thanks for the advise, I will let you know how it feels for me :upyeah:

4. I use Touring mode with the engine set on sport or full/high power.

In Sport mode, the suspension starts to feel more like a traditional Ducati sport bike, stiff and a little to firm, kicking you out of the seat.

In Touring mode, the suspension is very compliant, soaking up road irregularities without getting wallowy.

The front end doesn't feel quite as planted as a sports bike through corners, especially corner exit. I think the wide and high handlebars and the long suspension have a little to do with this. A steering damper would probably make this feel a bit more planted.

The Touring mode suspension, on the 2015 Multistrada 'S', is one of the best setups I've experienced on a motorcycle. I've owned a R1200RT(ESA) and a Goldwing with full Traxxion suspension, the Multistrada suspension is light years above those for touring and can still hang with sports bikes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks ChrisE - I supposed I'm just not that used to it yet or maybe don't even appreciate it having had a Z1000sx before this. Mine too is the S Model and I purposely went for this after reading lots of reviews over the standard one. I do like the fact you can tweek everything, its just a matter of playing about until you get it right for you I guess.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I ride sitting as close to front wheel as I can, and weigh 90 kg. I use touring mode most of the time with the following changes : power high, front harder, rear softer, preload +2 from default, TRACK view for all. For speedy rides I set up SPORT mode with hardest front, hard rear, default preload, ABS 1 so I can lock up the rear, DTC and DWC off for launch control and drifts. In heavy rain default URBAN is the safest.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow! Someone who adjusts things and uses all the modes! :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information