Monster 900 Dark Starting Problems - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Monster' started by chriscrozer, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Can anyone please help?

I'm having issues starting my Monster 900, once it is warm, it appears to be a fuel issue as when it cools it starts easily.

When hot however fuel appears to be vaporizing too quickly. The bike is currently in Spain and is more problematic during the warm months, as it starts first time and runs well until stopped and parked in the heat, whereupon it refuses to start again until cold.

The bike is an 02 Monster 900 with injection and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or if this is a common problem etc?

Any help would be greatly appriciated

2. Hot starting / vaporizing problems are normally the preserve of carbs with the fuel vaporizing in the flout bowls. With injection and all the electronics involved there is little chance for vaporization as the system is sealed and under pressure. Its most likely to be one of the sensors eg hot/cold start, engine temp, throttle position, etc that tell the injectors what to do.
    Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you switch it on hot and cold ?. Thats all i can think of, sorry i couldnt be of more help. Hope you sort it out.

3. Or the injectors could be leaking, run a good quality injection system cleaner thru it and see if it helps, if no change move on to something else.

4. Try the engine temp sensor, they are favorite for faults, an easy job and not too expensive, 30 quid or so. its on the rocker inspection cover behind the cooler.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information