Morocco

Discussion in 'Touring' started by TBay, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Just wondering if anyone has ridden over in Morocco? Just got back from a week over there and some of the country was spectacular and bike friendly outside the cities. Driving in big cities is ‘interesting’ shall we shall and hundred of scooters everywhere but out of the main areas the roads were pretty quiet.
    Thinking about a trip over with my mate next year, possibly ferry to north Spain and ride down, or investigate getting closer by ship.

2. Through Spain and over the Gibraltar strait and on the the Atlas mountain range would be what I would consider, and did discuss with a fellow biker a few years back. Unfortunately it did not come to fruition
    What I would say is check the temperature at the time of year you are considering going, whilst it can be ‘cool’ in the mountains it can get very uncomfortable mid-summer in the cities.

3. It would be in the spring, it was high 30s last week and mid 30s in the mountains which was ok in an air conditioned car but too hot for a good bike ride, especially as I would want to be wearing decent kit given the roads/ driving. Roads in the high atlas were better than U.K. in many parts but have odd stretch’s were its dirt track for 20 metres then back to tarmac but the MTS would be fine with that.
    Mostly wondering about whether there is a way to cut out Spain to save time and any pitfalls there may be. Can’t find much at all online about bike trips in Morocco.

4. I did do a day tour on a ktm 600 or something about 10-12 years ago, found an expat, and he lent me his bike for the day for cash, insurance as his "mate"... amazing place to ride around Ouarzazate, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I think Morocco is spectacular outside the big cities which can be a bit full on for the senses. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. There used to be places that you could officially rent KTMs for the week (my Uncle used to provide them with their stock from the UK), so you could fly and rent... That was in Ouarzazate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Now that’s an idea!!!! That would be perfect

7. Thread moved

8. I am also thinking of North Africa 2025….. be interested to see what contributors suggest.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information