Motorcycle Live Nec November 2023

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Android853sp, Oct 27, 2023.

1. I know in previous years, the bike show at the NEC has come in for criticism but it has become a bit of a tradition for us. Our tickets this year, are courtesy of MSV and Motorcycle Live, in appreciation for marshalling the BSB :D Already booked the Premier Inn so hopefully a stress free journey up the night before, enjoy a meal with a few beers and a lazy start in the morning to be ready for the doors open at 10am. Definitely buying a second pair of Roadskins jeans and will ‘look’ :thinkingface: :joy: at a new helmet. Andy

#1 Android853sp, Oct 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I’m not sure I’ll go, I went year before last when Ducatis bikes were mostly stuck in transport and the whole show was a ghost town, I think it’s honestly just a bit beyond saving now

3. I'll be going on a weekday and hopefully miss the weekend crowds, i know we all say its the same every year...but i must admit i like sitting on the bikes and walking round looking at the new tech etc .

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's never going to be what it used to be. A former shadow of when money wasn't tight for all, traders and crowds alike.
    I go every year and for what it costs is worth every penny in my eyes. I know from guys in the trade it is really hard work given the hours they have to be there every day on their feet. I feel that it is still important to support those who make the effort to be there worthwhile. Yes there are some shitty traders there selling tat. But for me i still enjoy the show looking at some new kit and bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. If you’re offering a ticket and free drinks, I’m in. Otherwise, I shall be washing my hair.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I’ll be going, mid week, with Uncle Baz of this Parish. It’s still a lot of kit in one location. It’s a good thing to do in miserable November weather and I get to look at lots of bikes, maybe even sit on them and reaffirm that I don’t want them.

You never know what interesting bit of kit you might find, either for the bike or to wear. I might pick up another pair of Roadskin jeans as well. I’m interested in riding from Florida to L.A. so I’ll drop in to EagleRider.

I’ve often said ‘before I die I want to ride motorbikes as much as possible, sail as much as possible and have as much sex as possible’. It ain’t happening of course but at least this will be a day dedicated to motorcycling.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Recently retired so I have time on my hands. Tempted by a mid-week visit but I’d be on my Todd :-/

8. @Dave, I know @Sam1199 was intending to go mid week but has been feeling pretty shit for a couple of weeks. Hopefully if he is still going to go, you can meet up :D Andy

9. it's on from the 18th to 26th of November by the way, for all you non-savvy people besides me. (cudda put it in the title Andy!!:))

10. that won't take long.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I shall be there on the Monday - following our usual plan of driving up on Sunday, staying at the Travelodge, going to the Little Owl for food and drinks then getting into the show at opening time o Monday morning. There have been some interesting things there in recent years - the Langen two-stroke stands out for me. There does appear to be more electric bikes there every year, although I have no idea why as everybody seems to ignore them. One notable absence this year - no Harley Davidson, which to be fair is no great loss...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. my mate tried to buy a Langen last year and they were absolute d*cks…. It’s not the person who’s had a really bad experience speaking with them

13. I chatted to them at the NEC last year and the year before about the bike and the engineering involved in it. On both occasions they were friendly and informative, even though it was obvious I wasn't going to buy one. Different people, different experiences I guess...

14. Went today and it was good in my opinion. Enjoyed every minute was very busy, great stands from all manufacturers .
    Even managed to find this bloke hanging around the Ducati stand.
    IMG-20231118-WA0000.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Going on Tuesday, looking forward to the day out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. It's the fooking parking charges that get me, absolute coontish

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Years ago you'd get real bargains on gear. And last year I bought a helmet that was a good deal, but they are few and far between now. I wrote the helmet off the second day I wore it. It used to make me laugh about the same old 80's leathers on sale,every year,in the 2000's

18. the last time J&S were there when I went circa 2018 they had ‘corner 666’ leathers and various other old Spidi suits that we were selling when I worked for J&S in 2004

19. £18 to park, £31 on the day for admission. Shrinkflation!

20. And that’s why I don’t go anywhere anymore, everyone’s trying to have your pants down.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information