Multi 1260s Fuel Range

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by meng, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Was travelling back from yesterday and fuel range showed 1 mile left when I got to petrol station phew sports mode eats fuel. What I don’t understand is with 20l tank I only filled up to 16.18 litres ? Is this the immaculate fuel gauge or Ducati secretly hiding more fuel

2. Common occurrence, certainly IME of the fuel gauges I've had in my 1200 Multistradas. My girlfriend's 937 Monster's fuel gauge is pretty good and I've not tested my V4 Pikes Peak yet. Experience tells me to fill up at every opportunity at about 100/120 miles regardless. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Agreed with @Android853sp, I fuel when light comes on as the reserve can be a little optimistic I've found, but it does keep a few ltrs for reserve, at least that's been consistent from my experience.

4. Put 5 litres of fuel in the pannier, drive till bike runs out of fuel, see what guage reads or how many miles after it says zero, then you'll know and will be able to play fuel light bingo once again

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Use the trip, works every time , all the time

cheesey peas….

6. Thread moved

7. My 1260s once started hiccoughing as the countdown reached zero, luckily, by chance, a petrol station was in sight and I just made it. Ever since I obeyed the gauge to the point that I never get close to that again.

Could tease about 200 miles out of it in touring mode if careful, usually the 'squeak' point was around 160-180 miles. In sport nearer 130-150 miles.

In short, entirely dependant on how restrained or abusive you are with the throttle and what mode you're in.

8. I ran my first 1200 dry, only 7 miles after it read zero. Still couldnt get 20 litres in (it took 19L from memory).
    I think it could be the total volume of the tank, and difficult to get the last litre or two in unless you dribble it in with the bike on sidestand. Otherwise its the air gap at the top of the tank.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information