Multi Bike Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Ivor, May 11, 2022.

1. Where do folks go for multi bike ( just 2) insurance, just been quoted £591 by wicked quotes to insure my 1260S multi Strada and 1098R, seems a lot to me, is that par for the course ?

2. Too many variables to know if that's good for you but I've always found cheaper to insure separately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think thats reasonable, what are you being quoted for 2 separate policies ?

4. £375 with carol Nash, most insurers appeared to want one to phone them, carol Nash was on line and quite quick

5. How do you deal with NCD on 2 separate polices? I used to have a fleet policy including cars, but when I tried to unpick and insure separately (because it got expensive) I only had one NCD

6. Not tried that, wasn't sure how NCD would be handled turning one policy into 2, try that next year maybes

7. I use BeMoto. seems reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. I looked at them, looked like you had to phone them up which usually takes an age, phoned Lloyds to renew car insurance, call was 5 minutes long going through the options, listening to the Ts and Cs, before the phone rang, then I was in a queue so hung up

9. its a PITA for bikes and cars. every year i change from multi policy to individual ones as the advantages/cost changes. right now i have all bikes and cars on separate policies :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  10. as long as there have been no claims, i have found that the insurance companies are willing to 'mirror' NCD

11. Interesting to know, thank you

12. Thread moved

13. Clicked on call back on their web site, they called back within the hour, pretty straight forward.

14. It's all about You and Your riding / driving history, Plus Your postcode and as #post 2 states the feckup factor, the value of the machines / alarms, claims in area etc, etc.

15. Yes agreed, but £360 Vs £570, for same info ( me and machines)

16. I keep hearing wonderful deals that folk get on their multi insurance policy, but for me i've tried three times at forty plus minutes hanging on the telephone with NO joy.

17. Wow! hefty prices!
    In The Netherlands I pay 115 euro's for 3 Ducati's per year, having 20 years of no-claim history.
    Liability only, impossible to insure 10+ years bikes all-risks unless there is an official valuation report @ around 250 euro's per bike.
    Road tax is way more expensive than my insurance @360 euro's per year for 3 bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Quite, I used to have a fleet policy because insurers wanted 10% of the value of the bike for laid up insurance, at the time just my 996SPS I was worried about but 10% of £10k was just plain daft. Unfortunately the fleet insurance became stupidly expensive, so I only insure 2 of my 12, I don't ride the others on road

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Good to get someone on the phone, chatting to a rep, and letting them know that you have ridden large capacity motorcycles for some time drops the price.
    When I insured the Diavel at the beginning of the year, initial quote online was just under 500, after following up on the phone and letting them know that I’ve had a panigale, multi and a previous Diavel it dropped to 260.

• Like Like x 2
  20. The online form at carol Nash asked if I I'd had previous bike and what the cc was and how long I'd had it, backs your experience up, not seen that before

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information