Multistrada 1260 Tank Removal

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Schrimbob, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Dearest Brothers and sisters.
    I am going to replace the air filter on my 2019 1260 s. I have read the workshop manual and watched the 'tube of youse' so I have a fairly good idea of what to do. The only thing I am not certain about its that rather weird connector to the fuel pump hose on the left hand side of the tank. Apparently its very easy to break, and expensive to replace, or is that just the 950? However some advice from you peeps who have done this, would not go amiss. I have had the fairings off before but not the tank. Thank you for your help and advise.
    Chris.

2. Thread moved and title changed to suit :)

3. It’s fiddly but once you get the knack of it it’s easy. Push down the white/grey outer part towards the tank, then squeeze it and gently wiggle the black insert up and out.

It’s not necessary to get 2 friends and use 4 small electrical screwdrivers as some YouTubers do.

What helps is to get an aerosol can of brake & parts cleaner and blast the area with that first, there’s a lot of dust and shite that collects in the connector and prevents either, or both, the white outer part being pushed fully down and/or the tabs opening when it’s squeezed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Should be enough clearance without having to disconnect the dreaded clip !?
    take the bottom mount off & swing the tank up
    I did the fuel sender on my multi dvt few weeks ago

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. https://m.youtube.com/shorts/FqfebDYs0G0

6. I blame Dave!

7. Thank you. Ill see how I get o with that. I did look at lots of information but its always reassuring to get it from someone who has actually done it.
    Cheers. I will try that first. Sounds good advice, not to have to remove it unless one has to. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information