My Desmosedici has arrived :-)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Oct 4, 2012.

1. It arrived at lunchtime today :biggrin:

I went straight out even though it was just starting to rain. The forecast looked good for the afternoon so I figured it would clear-up - and it did within 10 mins :smile:

A4XO7bNCAAAHT_P.jpg

First stop was to fill-up at my local petrol station and then I headed up the A358 and A30 to Bridge Motorcycles in Exeter to get a tax disc holder :wink:

There were no other bikes at Bridge but three guys who saw/heard me pass as they were looking around SP walked down to Bridge and were immediately drawn to the bike. We had a good chat about it and they asked me to start her up for them.

Next stop was Exeter services for a late lunch and to top-up the tank. Again two guys getting into their car came over and admired the bike and asked me to start it up for them.

I then headed back up the A30 to Honiton and took the A35 to West Bay for a cuppa tea.

No other bikes at West Bay but an old guy came-up and asked me about the bike. After that I headed home via Chard and managed to get to my local petrol station just 4 miles after the reserve light came on. I got home at 6pm having done 120 miles.

First impressions of the bike are that it attracts a lot of admirers and it sounds absolutely awesome, even running-in at no more than 6,000 revs. The engine is a pussy-cat at these low revs - even a little flat like a 2-stroke below 4,000 - so much easier to ride at low speed than a twin. You can feel that it just wants to go though above 6-7,000.

The other over-riding impression is that it is VERY stiff and punishing on bumps - even with the softer springs that JHP installed. It makes my 996SPS seem like a sofa by comparison. I was aching by the time I got home, and have numb palms two hours later. I'm sure it will be more comfortable at speed, but I think I will need time to adjust to the riding position.

I'm now sat here going through my goodies - Owners Manual, Data Analyser, stickers, charger, Biketrac, cover etc.

I'll take some more pics of the bike and post them up as soon as I can. Weather looks pants for tomorrow but Saturday still looks SU.gif so I'll be taking a trip up to Thruxton for the NG Club Races which will get me a bit closer to finishing running-in.

dave-albums160-6778.jpg

A4XO7bNCAAAHT_P.jpg

SU.gif

dave-albums160-6778.jpg

#1 Dave, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Big thumbs up

3. :) have seen pics on facebook
    Big enjoy

4. Pics on Facebook? - that must have been the Mrs. I'll check 'em out :upyeah:

5. Awesome, enjoy! I'm grinning at the notion of seeing a Desmo unloaded at my house. :upyeah:

6. Lucky Barsteward!!!! :biggrin:

7. I'm not jealous at all, no I'm not and I'm not in denial, that is one sweet looking bike, don't worry about it being uncomfortable it's meant to be so you have to stop so everyone can admire it.....sweet Look after it :upyeah:

8. Very nice, and the lid matches nicely as well :upyeah:

9. Nice...:upyeah:

10. Can you post a video of it running....would be nice if you don't mind

11. Lucky man.

Enjoy the bike and make sure you put some miles on it, it's made for riding!

12. Yes I will. I'm running-in so can't rev it very high yet. Having said that - it sounds pretty awesome just blipping it to 6,000 :biggrin:

13. Still not jealous :wink:

Lovely helmet btw :upyeah:

14. That is Lurvely !! Its funny how I watched it coming down the ramp and thought "Jeez that suspension looks stiff" then you mentioned it in the comments!. Its great to see someones dreams come true...heres to many a happy mile and keep us all posted.

15. It's great that everyone on this site who owns a D16RR actually uses them! Good stuff you lucky bugger!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes, yes and yes...

Thats all I can say, I recall my first ride thinking pretty much the same, you'll find yourself going to the garage randomly to look at it, then start the engine let it warm up and give the throttle a few blips.

17. Hey I do that wiv my 749, the misuses thinks I'm strange ha ha

18. Very nice indeed, enjoy ;)

19. Life has many joys, soak 'em when you can!!! I have never even seen a D16, and probably never will because of my location, so enjoy, keep posting so I can live vicariously through you :upyeah: :biggrin:

20. this is the bollox.
    well done dave!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information