My new baby R

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by SunnyR, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hi Guys and Girls,
    Following on from my introductory thread here are some pics of my new bike. She I s 2006 full carbon model, with a few extras like full Leo Vince exhaust, DP carbon fuel cap, DP titanium rear sets. I think it had some after market chain adjusters and different brake levers, not sure what they are though:

#1 SunnyR, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. the chain adjusters are Gilles ones... nice bit of kit ... 150gbp.. the levers i don't know ..

thats a nice leovince ... :)

grtz

Koen

3. Thought you'd want your new baby on display for all to see! :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  4. Trying to do this from the mobile is proving to be difficult. .... I will keep on trying.....you'd never think I work in IT ;-)

5. SunnyR . Your bike is stunning but it is a 2004 model. Probably the most desirable year . Thats the only year they came with a carbon fairing with the vents in the front . Unless its been fitted later. All 749R were identical apart from the 2004 fairing .

You can check the model year by the frame number 10nth digit is the year of manufacture.

#5 ducati2242, Jan 20, 2013
  6. yep

its either a 2006 model with carbon fairings, or a 2004 model registered in 2006...........

7. Fantastic

8. Is it the one behind the 749?

9. Right, I think I may have it solved.

I will check he frame to see what year it was registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9 SunnyR, Jan 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Love the Desmo :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are you a plumber. :wink:

749r2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. very nice! Is this the one that was at JHP?

13. That would make a great Avatar pic :upyeah:

14. Good choice! Glad you didn't buy one of the common as muck 848's! :)

15. Very nice, congrats the new addition :)

16. looks great . nice seat pad , is it suede or neoprene?

17. Thank you all for the really nice comments, answers to a few of the questions:

Ducati2242/AndyB
    i just checked the frame number and the 10th digit is 4 so looks to be a late registered 04 bike.

Jerryxt,
    I bought it from GT motorcycles in Plymouth after initially missing out on it by a whisker when the previous owner beat me to it, who 6 weeks later, part exed with these guys for a Panagale :-(
    PS would love to have your version of the R :upyeah: You still got them at Ed's place?

P7rider,
    It definitely isn't suede so guessing it maybe neoprene.

#18 SunnyR, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  18. Sunny, the 1098 was swapped for another 749R. So I had two at that point - the 2006 and then the 2005 joined it. We think this is the bike that Nannelli won on at Imola - the only 749R to win a WSS race :biggrin:

They're both tucked up warm and safe and alarmed.

19. #20 Shaun, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information