899 My New (to Me) Panigale 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by NFortySeven, May 8, 2023.

1. Hi all,

I first signed up to this forum last month after buying my first Ducati, I’ve had to wait roughly a month for it to be delivered but now thankfully the wait is over.

It’s a 2015 with 4276 miles. It’s had a few modifications fitted, so my only plans are to put my private plate on it and enjoy it over the Summer.

I haven’t yet had a chance to ride it, but I’m hoping to get a ride out on it sometime this week. I’ll let the pictures do the talking now.

IMG_9550.jpeg IMG_9551.jpeg IMG_9554.jpeg IMG_9555.jpeg IMG_9557.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  2. Wow that looks so clean! Looks exactly the same spec and mods as the missenden flyers one if you’ve seen his YouTube

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Funny you mention, this was his! I think on one of the photos you can still see his logo on a sticker next to the dash.

4. Thought he swore he'd never sell it....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wear well

• Like Like x 1
  6. To be fair I think it was a hard bike to let go, which isn’t surprising because just look at it! Lovely guy to deal with, and couldn’t have been more willing to help. He even had a full service carried out including new spark plugs before I had it collected.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kept that tyre away from that oil puddle nice bin by the way ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thankfully that was standing water that rolled off the cover from the night before.

Thank you

#8 NFortySeven, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thank goodness he has sold it - hopefully (almost certainly) to someone who will ride it as it was intended to be ridden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I certainly intend to. I’ve a few trips planned on it this year, firstly to the NW200 this week and then to the IOM TT where I’ll hopefully get to stretch it’s legs somewhat.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lovely, he hasnt got another one for sale by any chance?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. If he did I’d buy another!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Wonder what he'll harp on about now that his beloved panigale is gone

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Can't believe I ID'd it from the photo's, I'm sad! I hadn't noticed his logo to be fair.

I doubt there will be a cleaner one that goes up for sale for a while.

How did you know he was willing to let it go? I assume he didn't advertise it..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just be careful of those tyres... They might be on the old side now

• Like Like x 1
  16. I chanced my arm in all honesty. I had sent him an email a couple of months back saying I was in the market for an 899 and would he give me a shout if ever the time came where he would sell his. Fast forward to early April and true to his word he got back in touch to say the time had come to let it go.

Suffice to say I’m happy I held out and didn’t pull the trigger on something else in the interim.

• Like Like x 7
  17. I think they were only put on at the beginning of last year, I probably have a receipt somewhere in the folders of documents the previous seller supplied.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I bet he buys a Ducati Streetfighter to replace it......

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Too fast Phill.

20. I did think they looked rather 'un-used'... but I know that they are an old model and no longer available.... Probably be ok, he was at least getting some heat into them rolling it in and out to clean every 2 weeks :) #justteasing MF

Do Not Sell My Personal Information