My St3 S And Ecu Mapping Question Or Sprocket Change Or Both ?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Guy851, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Hi all

Very happy to be back on a Ducati after a break on other bikes after selling my 888 and Multistrada

I wanted one for a while and this lovely one owner fully serviced one is my bike of choice now its sunny!

Its smooth as a swiss watch except its a tad jerky from closed throttle at low speed and with all the 20/30mph zones its a pain

I looked at Fat Duc 02 manipulator as i liked them on my multi but would rather get the ECU mapped if the mapping supplier has done an ST3S before - I am in Mid Wales and i dont really want to take it for dyno time if the map is already on file - any ideas welcome.
    Maybe a front sprocket change is recommended ?

I have (dont cry) swapped out the front yoke and clip ons and put normal bars on with a yoke from ABM in germany - for me it has worked a treat and i can share info and pics if interested -

Thanks

20240419_175804.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. With the ECU you could start by having the Lambda(s) disabled in the ECU. This would allow you to manually set the CO using the likes of JPDiag, IAWDiag, TuneECU etc. The process can be done by trial and error, by making adjustments until you achieve the highest idle speed (or use a gas analyser). The lambda(s) can then be removed and blanked off. This will remove the lambda controlling the fuelling at low rpm.

3. Many thanks - rather old school here and unless i can engage my lad to help with tuning I would rather put my trust in somebody that has mapped these before and has a map on file to save me dyno time

4. Hi Guy,
    Contact Louigi Moto and see if Chris Steedman is still working his magic there.

Steve R

5. ABM kit is one of the best things I've done to my ST3

6. Thanks Steve
    I did already and they said only way is to bring the bike over and have it on the dyno which i totally understand , just a pain with a run from Wales and an overnight stay - nice ride tho!

7. The distance from my old home to Louigi's is around 130 miles and I needed to be there before 8am. My 851/916cc spent all day on the dyno, I started for home after 7pm.
    I enjoyed the ride home much more than the careful ride there though.

Steve R

8. Agreed works a treat + adds lots of adjustment

20240530_091317.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information