1200 DVT Need New Front Pads For My Dvt S

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by dddd, Jun 22, 2016.

1. I need to replace the front pads on my DVT S, I'm just wondering what others are replacing theirs with, just the original Ducati pads or aftermarket

2. I put some Carbone Lorraine pads on my ST4 and found them really good.
    Great improvement.
    Now known as CL brake pads.

Well worth a shot.

3. I have had good results with EBC HH pads in previous bikes, not changed them on the Multistrada yet though.

4. I'd be interested to know what other people are using - but what kind of mileage have you managed and how brutal have you been before needing to replace them?

5. I'm at 15000 k's and push it reasonably hard

6. Had my 9000m service and advised bothe fronts and rears well worn (2mm left back and 3mm on front) Now done 10500m and fronts down to wear indicator. Changing them this weekend with EBC FA447 HH.

NOTE EBC part number for rears FA209HH is INCORRECT. Currently there doesnt appear to be a correct EBC equiv and the Ducati ones are £65 - ouch.

7. I purchased a full replacement set of Brembo brake pads (2 pairs front & 1 rear pair) for £107 (actually 138.61 Euro) delivered from Carpi Moto as recommended by @Twin4me in his post about replacement pads for Brembo M50 calipers.

I used the Brembo Motorcycle Brakes Configurator to work out the part numbers. Finding the correct replacement Brembo pads for the front was straightforward as there is only one option under the Genuine section (i.e. 07BB0483 ). There are more options for the rear pads, I went for the sintered 83 option 07BB0483 as the original pads had a bronze coloured backing plate. Needless to say that the part numbers on the replacement pads are nothing like those on the original pads but they are the same shape.

I've only just got around to fitting the rear pads and have not tried them in anger as yet. I don't need to replace the front pads at the moment, as they aren't as worn as I thought given you only get just over 3mm of friction material on the new pads.

PS. I've done only 5,500 miles in the last 12 months. I think the rear pads were dragging a bit as the rear disk has gone a bit blue, which would explain the high level of wear.

#7 steveb123, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The front pads in my DVT were replaced yesterday by Snells (at 9,000 miles and 13 months) with standard parts as fitted OEM. The old ones still had a mm or so left, but since I am soon setting off for Italy new ones were clearly called for. The rear ones are virtually unused.

9. 21000 miles and rear pads barely worn and front 2/3 worn. With such strong engine breaking the pads last for ever.

10. Whenever possible I try to avoid using the brakes - I find they slow me down ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. My fronts lasted 6000 miles!
    My reactions times have always been poor, hence a bit of a late braker. ;-)

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. I have just bought a pair of EBC HH (FA630HH)
    will be getting them fitted tomorrow, will let you know how they get on.
    Ive done 9000 Km fronts are gone (1mm) back are still good 4mm

13. Front pads just replaced today on my DVT S at 8,130 miles (almost nothing left). Carpi Moto pads €109 (£93.56) for 2 pairs including delivery, dealer quote for original Ducati parts £184 plus £33 labour.

Brake Pads Brembo 07BB3793 Sintered Sport

14. dont forget copper grease on the back else they ll be noisy..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. for what its worth i changed to EBC HH pads on Brembo Serie Oro disks and in the wet the noise when stopping was embaressing to the point that I've gone back to Brembo SC pads which are awesome IMHO. In the dry fine EBC were fine but round town in wet it certainly made people star at zebra crossings etc when i squeeked to a halt
    cheers
    Chris

16. Mine just over 3 ;)

But two days at Oulton may have impacted that... LOL

17. Done, and a little dab where they touch the callipers at the sides and the shim (this is what generally makes the noise).

18. I use CL on my SF and my Superduke. Really like them.

19. Researching a rear ebc pads for the DVT 1200 mutley base / non-S model brought up ebcs FA181HH pads. Also SFA181HH pads for larger scooters. The SFA's are a bit cheaper..... same hh sintered compound high speed brsking power but for the larger / heavier scooter.

20. I,d stick with originals as they are very good if probably more expensive than some aftermarket ones. Surely Brembo cannot be wrong. Have used EBC before on Gixers track day bikes & a couple of them picked up on the discs making a mess, but probably not bedded in properly so partly our fault.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information