1198 Need Some Advice

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Boukekoppejan, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Hi Guys,

Please i need Some good advice!

A couple of months i want to buy the evr airbox for my midle tuned bike. It has a 1198 engine with full exhaust system and 1198r camshafts. But iam doubting if it really works if you fill any difference.

Somebody can help me with this?

Thanks!

2. Have you had the bike on a dyno??

3. Yes offcourse:)

I have now 189 horsepower on the back wheel with 148nm of tourqe:cool: those 1198r camshafts are WoW!!

4. Looks like it's working then mate.:upyeah:

5. You mean if i buy the evr Carbon airbox?

6. oh dear

7. Keep up guys.
    He's thinking of buying the air box and asking if it will make much difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Does 2or 3hp make much of a difference? Or are you looking at changing where the oerromance is? Eg the airbox mod for a DVT multi doesn’t t give it more outright power, but it moves the torque lower (from what I have read) so it’s a bit better low and mid range.

9. ten lots of 2-3 hp make a difference...

10. Indeed. But if he’s getting 189 out of a pretty standard motor, just cams, maybe he’s already found 9 of them ;)

11. The head are also flowed (i hope its a correct word:p) with the cams i had almost 13horse power extra power:scream:) So if hearing this correct the EVR carbon airbox doesn't do extra to the engine

• Like Like x 1
  12. yeah heads and cams are good improvement...

what gearbox you got....std?

airbox won't really make that much difference..

does your 848 have traction...
    1198 loom will give you the potential of that..

or you could get a bespoke loom made up..

13. I’m guessing it could never harm it, there is a reason people have them, it’s just whether that the best use of cash :upyeah:

14. I take it you have fitted 1198 throttle bodies.

15. what with 189 hp...........was it a dyno in coventry....?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. download.jpg

17. Hi yes that is correct

18. I was amazed as well:cool: with flowed heads and 1198R camshafts I have 189 of horseso_O it is really a beast

19. Does somebody have the EVR airbox on his bike? it saves some weight as well

Do Not Sell My Personal Information