New 2013 models on Ducati.com

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Freak, Nov 12, 2012.

1. New models now on-line, including new Hyper and Hyperstrada! Multi, Diavel strada!!! and 1199R

http://www.ducati.com/

2. Hyperstrada.......hmmm Interesting!

3. i think i'll take the panigale R

christmas is near!

4. Really liking the Hyperstrada................ but for the 16 litre fuel tank.

5. £80,000 for the RS and it has kers !!!

6. Have seen a Tweet saying the Panigale R is to be $30k. Not sure how that will translate into Euros or Sterling though. Probably €30k and therefore £30k...?

That's a lot of dough like.

7. Thing is what does R have to justify it except badge? Same power, same weight, mostly same electronics as tricolore so I fail to see why anyone would want R.

8. It's 1.5 Kg lighter, think it gets a full system rather than end cans or I've misread it, plus lots more carbon, Ti rods so it'll spin up quicker so different engine characteristics.

Although like you I don't really seen the gain, for most they'll see the same power as 1199 base model

9. I couldn't agree more, tho to be fair it does have Ti rods and carbon bodywork but still somehow manages to tip the scales at 1kg over the S model. Go figure. Oh, and the full race exhaust as well.

But the power figures stay the same.

Shurely shome mishtake ...

R badge!!

10. Oh no...

If i had a panigale S or tricolore, i would be one happy camper right now. They said there would be no R' model- and on the face of it they were right!

Other than the Titanium internals, and mid range grunt (Yawn) i too can't see the the justification for that much coveted R' badge.
    I see a Ducati corse decal. slightly different tank, and some carbon extras all of which you can bet your life will readily available in the Ducati Performance catalogue released early next year. It makes sense! Not that you'd be interested if you had the Tric.
    I'm guessing beautiful carbon fairings and sandcast casings are absent?
    Where's the exclusivety? Ducati seriously need to consult the R' portfolio again!!! aestheticlly it doesn't scream R to me???

But then again like all R bikes it will be judged on its track success in the wsbk arena, Personally i think it will get murdered by its couterparts kawasaki.aprilla and bmw hope i'm wrong! Perhaps then it will make up for its shortcummings at present?

11. 1 carbon bodywork
    Full exhaust system
    Kinetic energy recovery system
    Stronger engine internals
    And not a cable tie in sight !

Ask yourself why you ride Ducati !

12. But then again like all R bikes it will be judged on its track success in the wsbk arena, Personally i think it will get murdered by its couterparts kawasaki.aprilla and bmw hope i'm wrong! Perhaps then it will make up for its shortcummings at present?[/QUOTE]

Murdered I doubt it !
    The 1098R developed in 2007 was still wining in 2012

13. Well there should be no cable tie on sports bike panels are purely to hide those :)

Now for real where did you get above info from? Go to Ducati website and select compare bikes, put panigale R 2013 and for 2012 Tricolore.
    Under exhaust both have identical description, nothing about full system that is not the same as one on Tricolore. No mention at all about Kinetic energy recovery system.
    I did however notice that R is lighter by 1.5kg despite having ABS that if added to Tric is extra 2.5kg so like for like equipped bikes R would be 4kg lighter.

To your last sentence, easy for me. Row instant real world power with no bullshit talk about smoothness or bragging how reliable one is. Current range is diluted and it gets worse and worse. Each year bikes get more and more sudate in regards of acceleration and fun factor, possibly due to safety.
    Perfect example is new hyper. Yes it has same torque as old one at the same rpm but old one got it's full 95bhp at 7.5k, new one at 9.2k. Even looking at fact new one has 15bhp more it is only there at stupid rpm at 7.5k it will have less then 2012 hyper. New one also has bigger tank for better range and is heavier due to more petrol and all pipe work. I was under impression supermoto style bike is for hooting around local twisty roads at not to high speeds but with instant stupid grin factor in form of acceleration. Not a multi purpose touring bike.

That is just me and each to their own. I will defo get last 2V hyper at one stage, showe in new high comp pistons and I know it will be more mental.

14. Ok Fujack, so 'murdered' might be a bit strong but i cant help but feeling of late Ducati has kind of been chasing the pack instead of leading it? Sure on the development side of things there well ahead, fancy electrics are all good and well but Ducati 'superbikes' are either immortalised or fade into obscurity based on track sucess.
    (And thats my point i feel thats where it will have to do its talking)

Because for me, and i suspect many others too? it just isn't such a step up from its sister models like the 916 sps, 996r, 998r. and 999r were ? Hence i'd be more than happy to be a panigale owner at present.

Incidently if anyone from Ducati's PR department wishes alter my view by presenting me with one, then pm me and lets talk!!!!

15. VAG have asked suter to build and develop there frames for 2013 Moto gp so let's see how it goes

16. I recall back in the day when Ducati released the 748R..... I thought it was fooking gorgeous. Came in yella, with a cover, set of termis and chip in a box.
    Same hullubullu regarding Ti internals, same massive price tag.... The difference between now and then IMHO was the bike(s) were doing the biz out on the track.

I went to see BSB at Thruxton this year and it was sad to see this wizzy new bike bringing up the rear.
    If I was an impartial buyer I'd be looking else where, especially considering the price tag!

I don't think Ducati can carry on producing VERY expensive exotic bikes to the launch of yet another action vid with the same marketing spin on "passion", "soul" and "pedigree".

My tuppence ha'penny worth...:biggrin:

17. Next years Ducati 1199R will take the already über tech Panigale to new heights when the World Superbike homologation special will debut with the Ducati Energia™ Kinetic Energy Recovery system.

I can't upload the link just google panigale 1199R kinetic

18. HM found few, including one using exact phrase above. If that is the case then wow it does stand out. Thing is all those materials are from March - May 2012 and there is no mention about it on Ducati site. Did they possibly restrict it to track use only, accessory, something did not work or they forgot to mention it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information