899 New 899 Owner

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by dmc12, Apr 14, 2023.

1. I have the pleasure in being a new 899 owner, after purchasing one from a fellow forum owner (who’s had it 8 years).

It’s a 2014 with 15k on the clock, desmo service done and ready for a new adventure! Got some nice mods- blipbox (with downshift), DP race seat, 10Nm fork springs, MCT revalved shock. Will be using it for track days and road rides - although it’s much more comfortable than I expected so might go further afield.

The bike has come with a massive box load of parts, and I don’t need them all - so check out the thread I’m about to start in the appropriate section for a number of carbon goodies (mudguard, hugger, shock and chain guard).

First mod will be to fit a throttle spacer - have bought one off Amazon and looking forward to the fiddle of fitting it!

EEF9173B-66FC-44B8-8CA6-E5C1B44E3DA9.jpeg

1FEE9EFC-C5DB-4099-AA56-0290CB68BAA8.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Nice congrats, looking for one myself!
    Good you got that big service out the way , and bought so close after it.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Great choice @dmc12 I’ve had my 899 from new, 2014, great bikes fantastic to ride, one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned, enjoy using it lots, don’t worry about the mileage,…...ride it don’t hide it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Absolutely love the wheels tbf… recently picked up a 899 myself and I really love it, wish I hadn’t sold my old one back in 2017

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks both! Quick question - are you running a throttle spacer kit or keeping yours with the factory throttle play?

6. i have the spacers and worth every penny, makes the throttle much more precise

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes spacers in, I hate slack throttle’s!
    Does it feel pretty slack now?
    I would just check it first to make sure it doesn’t have them in already as this is a really common mod on Panigale’s.
    Open throttle housing up and they are dead obvious, red hollow triangular sleeve slides over top and bottom throttle stops :upyeah:

#7 Poucher, Apr 15, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I have them in my 899, and my Thruxton R (same throttle housing) and prefer them for sure

• Like Like x 1
  9. Man alive you Pantirippers spend your money freely, us tight KTM riders just cut up and old store loyalty card to size and superglued into position. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. And they call me a tight northern git !!

:joy::joy: !

#10 Poucher, Apr 15, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Doesn’t have them at the moment, fair amount of play so defo at least want to try them!

12. A great user friendly bike. Had the v4 bikes and got a 1299 with spacers at the mo.
    Spacers defo improve the bike I have.
    I still miss the 899 as it was a joy to ride and you could actually use most of the power unlike the bigger cc bikes nowadays.
    Hope it makes you smile everytime you ride and look at it as it did for me.

• Like Like x 3
  13. agreed, the only thing with the 899 is that I think the throttle electronics should always be set to ‘high’ regardless of the main mode as otherwise it’s a bit fluffy, it’s lovely and direct with the high mode set, regardless of spacers, although they help

• Like Like x 1
  14. Took the bike out for its MOT today, first ride with spacers - makes such a difference!

Haven't actually had a chance to customise the riding modes yet (or try race setting) so I can see how there’s room for a feistier throttle - as taking my old blade for its MOT just afterwards showed the difference between a fly by wire and a 1:1 cable throttle!

Absolutely loving the 899 though - it’s grown on me more and more since getting it

6E8D6363-16E6-4A57-9247-7110100DD8C2.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Just out of interest - really interesting seeing the Panigale next to the 996. 20 years later in terms of design but you can still see the DNA.

6012DD96-DEC7-4CB2-9BED-EC2E8E73B1F4.jpeg

4707ED92-1889-4B47-85D8-A9F7F5DE4288.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. ^ ^ ^ Lucky boy! ^ ^ ^

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Haha, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stunning bike mate enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  19. for me the DNA goes back to the cagivas, which im pretty sure why i love red italian bikes

Ive been playing with the modes, rode all winter using wet and sport, last month ive been back in race mode and plan to leave it there permanently, anything else is ,err, shit

EBC to 3 as i locked the back wheel a couple of times

and in my opinion you HAVE to have an Agip sticker

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_2008.jpeg

#19 southlondonCBR, Apr 18, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  20. My God what a bike that is, stunning...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information