1098 New Battery For 1098s

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dokus, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Hello
    I got a no name crap battery from previous owner. Working fine with exact start cables but I like good brands on my bike so I'm going to replace it.

I've been searching and was thinking of getting Shido LT12B-BS but found posts suggesting not to.

Anyway, to my understanding Yuasa YT12B is oem battery, also found Yuasa YTX14H with more CCA.

Any reason not to buy ytx14h or can you guys recommend something else?

https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/yuasa/ytx14h-bs/

Also I would like the battery to work with my CTEK xs 0.8. I'm a fool when it comes to batteries.

2. The YTX14H is a larger battery physically but, good news, the 1098 has a slide out tray in the battery box that allows the bigger battery to fit - almost like Ducati originally intended it to have that!
    (I have one in mine, works great)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks RickyX. No interference with the faring due to larger battery?

4. Nope.
    I do just need to check that the YTX14 you quote is exactly what I have.
    Will take a look in a few mins.

5. Please do so I don't get the wrong one ;)

And merry Christmas to you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. YTX14BS
    Merry Christmas!

IMG_0069.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thank you sir. I will go with the Bs then :)

8. You should check battery will fit. The oem battery is a yt12-bs. It has a depth of
    Before you order a YTX14-bs I’d check the actual battery you have. The oem battery in my bike is a yt12-bs which has dimensions 150x130x69mm. The YTX14-bs has dimensions 150x150x87mm. The problem is the depth of 87mm which means it won’t fit in the battery compartment. I think at some point Ducati changed the battery compartment in the later 1098 to allow the bigger battery to fit so you might be lucky.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Apologies, I was not aware of that.
    Mine is a 2008 1098R and it fits just fine.

10. I'll take measurements of the box before order. Thanks for the heads-up. Mine is a 07 1098s

Do Not Sell My Personal Information