New bike

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by desmodrew, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Went to see those nice chaps at Italia at Lincoln this morning. So in a fortnight it'll be goodbye ST2 hello DS1100.

2. Streetfighter? Red I hope!

3. Red Multistada, 08 model.

4. Sorry silly me :rolleyes:

5. Congrats!

Nothin' like that new bike excitement...

6. I went from an ST2 to a 1000DS multi, you'll find the multi a lot more frisky, in a good way. Certainly they steer quicker and feel more lively off the throttle (especially as you have the 1100), a very useful, enjoyable bike. Somehow, though, I wish I hadn't sold the ST2; it felt more friendly and dependable, I dunno why.

7. I'll miss the old ST2, but there is a finite amount of space in the garage. The ST does have a nice "planted" feel I agree. I got a good long test on some nadgery roads and was very impressed by the nimble handling of the MS. When I got back on the ST to go home it made me realise what a fine machine it is, especially when you consider that it is fifteen years old.

8. Hi, I went from a 900ss to a 1000ds Multi. Initially I loved the easy way you could manoeuvre at low speeds and the riding position but after a while I realised I just didnt have the same confidence in it when cornering. It got the stage where I just wanted to get rid of it. Not saying it was a bad bike but just that it didnt work for me. I went back to a 900ss which just seems to suit me better. I`ve also got an 1100 Monster now and that also seems far more planted than the Multi ever did. Hope you get on better than I did.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information