1100 New Dark Pro Ordered Yesterday!

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by El Toro, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Got a cracking deal on a new 1100 DARK Pro yesterday against the Sport I currently have.

Have to take it first thing next Wednesday when the dealer will transfer my Termi full race system to the new bike and will install the upmap to suit. Then I'll switch over my current seat and ride off very happy indeed :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Congrats Terry!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Without discussing your deal, as that's your business, I've been wondering if there really are deals out there at the moment. Are you able to say whether it's a 'money off if you take the finance' or a reduced finance rate if you put a deposit in, or combinations of both. Or even just 'we will do the first service etc'.

I'm sure it varies by dealer, and you have bought quite a few bikes so maybe you are more inclined to trigger the discount bubble but I wonder as part of me wonders if I'll get a better deal on a new Thruxton RS than a lightly used one.

4. I think I got a deal because of a few things, but mainly because this is my 9th brand new Ducati in 9.5 years so therefore a good, loyal customer in their eyes plus my Sport is in good nick and there’s not too many about so he’ll sell it relatively quickly and make a few quid…..and he’s got two of these bikes in stock and he wants to get one of them off the floor.

The deal is good monetary wise (or should I say as good as I could have expected) but the additional benefit is they are going to take the full Termis race system off the current bike, put it on the new bike, upgrade the ECU to suit, and let me swap the seats over (as my current one is much nicer, better shaped and covered in nicer materials than the new one)

ps. No finance or PCP is involved :)

pps. Just this minute received this pic of them upgrading the ECU as we speak

3910E5E9-09D9-4FB7-94B8-57780BBFE560.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. May give them a call and ask them to fit an ejector seat whilst theyre there

6. Nice one, well done :upyeah:

weren’t tempted by another “Sport” again then, tbh the Dark pro I took out last year didn’t leave me thinking the standard suspension wasn’t up to the job, I thought it handled really well so when I bought mine I preferred the aesthetics of the special over the Ohlins spec of the sport model.

7. Can’t get a new Sport Pro till January next year.

8. Nice one Terry, can’t beat that new bike feeling.

9. Twice this year :upyeah:

10. Ditto! It’ll be quite the predicament which one to ride when I get back from the states next weekend.

11. @El Toro so how’s the new bike? Do you miss the Ohlins or happy with the stock set up?

12. Stock set up is fine. Thought it was a bit harsh on the first ride but it seems to have settled and I can’t really tell any difference between the two now.

I’ve done a hundred and fifty plus miles today so the oil light is now on and it’s ready for it’s first service next week then straight to the dyno people to flash the ECU to smooth out the Termis :)

984AAF44-6700-4F32-AF9B-E29BB446E7FC.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information