New Ducati Monster 1200 for 2014 ( spy shots )

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Dubs, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Thought Id share....

Not a lot being said but its a 1200, kinda looks a bit like a Diavel...but its a 1200 Monster. Be unveiled at the EICMA in Nov.

ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---3--mod.jpg
    ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---2--mod.jpg
    ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---4--mod.jpg
    ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---1--mod.jpg
    ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---5--mod.jpg

ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---3--mod.jpg

ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---2--mod.jpg

ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---4--mod.jpg

ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---1--mod.jpg

ducati-monster-nuovo-2014---5--mod.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Interesting, thanks for sharing. Looks like its similar to the panigale in that the swingarm just mounts to crankcase; the front frame though is trellis, very interesting!!!

3. I like the psychedelic one

4. I'm liking the finishes :upyeah:

5. Handling must be appalling - chicken strips!

• Like Like x 1
  6. So this is the third of the four new bikes to be launched. What's the fourth going to be?

7. Panigale RR thingy.

8. #9 Il Presidente, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  9. Oil cooler looks a bit vulnerable to damage from anything that comes off the front wheel, be another 'character' design oversight I suppose.

10. So that's a testastretta evo engine, not a Superqiadro? As the Superquadro has that small engine mounted oil cooler doesn't it?

I guess this makes sense, top of the range monster using the 1198 engine and the new Streetfighter using a panigale engine????

11. Just hope it's not looking too much like a Diavel, especially with that headlight arrangement.

Be good to look similar to the current M1100 model with an S4Rs bomber style headlight. Also a True DNA Ducati Trellis frame too. Instead of these monocoque chassis's.

12. It looks nothing like the Daivel! Cool paint finish on the tank!

13. Doesn't the streetfighter have the cooler in a similar place? If so, wont be too trick to get a shield in there. It will give Evotech something to sell :upyeah:

14. Looks to me like it's already been rear-ended by a transit van !

• Like Like x 1
  15. #17 Char, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I will be checking it out next week at EICMA

17. Jesus, c'mon on Ducati, can we have less of this 'less is more' approach and just some balls out, put it on the line marketing.

Its all just fluffy crap really and trying to be cool for cools sake, let me put you on to something, that's not cool.

Why bother releasing 3 videos where non of them show anything but a split second glimpse of the back end of a bike going over a hill with a small bit of an exhaust roar? Even the still photos are crap as they show nothing of nothing, even the track shot isn't exactly tempting. Woo hoo, the bar end shot really gets me hot....... Honestly who the fuck do you employ for marketing nowadays?

If its a fire breathing monster then that's great and I'd be very tempted, but get with the program for gods sake. It's either aimed at the 'arty farty' brigade to whom the videos seem to aim at or it's what it is that I started off saying, a Fire breathing Monster?

If it's the latter stop wasting time with shit like this and let's hear it rumble.

Show me some on board aggressive footage with the engine on full chat, show me the back wheel smoking in to an apex, show me some reflection or shadow of the bike cruising along and then busting a god almighty wheelie before entering a tunnel with the engine sound growling off in to the distance. Non of that would release the actual look of the bike but it would damn sure build a better image of it while we wait.

I'm really hoping they're not aiming this at leather satchel using, piss pot helmet goggle wearing buyers.

just crack on Ducati.... Crack on.

ps - nice post though Char, apologies but they don't half get my goat with stunts like this

• Like Like x 1
  18. I know my first thought was 'what a load of jumped up pretentious shite' lol

Where's the half naked women and wheelies - I ask you :rolleyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information