New Multi?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Banus, Jul 4, 2012.

1. The 696 with 7500 miles under its belt is still serving me proud and hasn't missed a beat since taking ownership in March 2009. However since returning from Spa / Ring and feeling a bit cramped I've been looking for alternative Dukes. Too old for Sportbikes (had a great 749) so looked at the Multistrada. But after seeing one in the flesh and sitting on one its just a bit big, tall and wide for my needs. It's a real Monster. Also looked at the 796 but too found that too similar to what I've alread got, so I thought I'd put things on hold as Ducati are never without a new model around the corner.

Just as well as I did as I've just read in last weeks MCN that Ducati are producing what's rumoured to be a mini scaled down Multistrada. Perfect! Exactly what I'm looking. A sensible sized lightweitght commuter (8 miles - one way) and as it's going to come with hard luggage perfect for my Euro trips.

Does anyone know anything more than what I read in the MCN?

#1 Banus, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. My understanding was that it was an upgunned Hypermotard with an 848 motor, rather than a Multi. But that could be the wrong article...after all, this is MCN.

3. You're right. There is going to be an uprated Hyper but there is also going to be a NEW model which MCN describes as a a scaled down Multi which would suit me perfectly. I like the shape / style of machine without the huge proportions. I recon it would be a great seller. Anyway something is going on as it's going to be announced at the Milan show in Nov.

4. Would be fantastic if it turns out to be true! However MCN often lie...

5. Agree but I've seen the spy shots and It's like nothing I've ever seen before.

6. If its an 848 powered multi it will be the same physical size as the current one wont it ?

Or are the factory really looking to create a new model family between the multi and the Hypermotard.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information