V4 New Panigale V4 2025 Model

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Jun 16, 2024.

1. So reading between the lines, Shane (Shakey) Byrne, let slip on the Eurosport coverage of WSBK Misano today, that some sort of an announcement or press release was imminent regarding the launch of the new 2025 model Panigale V4. He had to stop short of saying when and where, almost accidentally blurting it out, so clearly it's on the cards, but my money is either on WDW2024 (in one of those merry go round private viewing booths - but I think it unlikely) or a safer bet wil be at EICMA in November. Either way that paves the way for a replacement to the current Panigale for 2025, which is more or less right, based on a six year run (with tweaks) of the current incarnation. I don't see there being huge changes to the architecture, maybe electronics, styling, aero and a hike in performance. Then again that is purely an ill-educated guess!

• Like Like x 3
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Makes sense as they were saying a new v4r for 2026 which seems to be the cycle. I think the road Panigale will get a bigger engine, the emissions regs now seem to be favouring bigger engines with less revs/less valve overlap.

of course they might take the opportunity to fit variable valve timing to the existing engine to meet current emissions and further power targets.

side note…. I’m a bit bored of the power race… I’ve watched so much racing this year at club level and seen really sorted ‘2006’ GSXR1K’s lapping within 2 seconds of a guy who rides in super stock to see that most of the extra power is just wasted anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hybrid?

I’ll get me coat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. No SSA, normal arm........

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Is it going to be another 'Terblanche-era' styling disaster I wonder.

6. That’s probably due to the current BSB SuperStock engines being over the counter standard. The current regs don’t allow any modifications to engine and gearbox. Big changes are coming to WSBK, might take a bit of time to filter down to the national series but the superbike class isn’t, IMO, going to be a super bike. Andy

7. So can we expect a run of 500 or so 2024 V4R FE’s, and at what premium over the ‘bog std’ bike, and what would the ‘enhancements’ be?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information