V4 New S - Top Few Mods?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Wasey, May 30, 2024.

1. Picked up a shiny new V4S Yesterday, havent had chance to ride it yet sadly wont be till weeeknd so feeling like a kid with a pocket full of change and stuck outside a sweet shop looking in!

So, shopping it is - things on my to-do list for ASAP are currently:

Evotech tail tidy, and DP indicators
    Evotech Rad Guards
    Remove front reflectors and fit spacers

Next up after that/over next few weeks
    Remove the stupid mirrors - looking at Rizoma stealth with indicators

Much longer term - replace cans with Akra's (Under not wheelbarrow)

If there are any other things you guys would suggest for the ASAP list let me know, keen to hear thoughts on good or bad things to do

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think the DB Race mirrors are a better option than the Stealth ones from Rizoma and you can fold them back. Plus they feature very bright built-in sequential indicators so no faffing around with those micro LED ones. They are pricey but are an all aluminium billet construction and available in a choice of finishes.

DAEMON-V4-ALLUMINIUM-VERSION_1920x1080_00ea7bd2-8e46-4dba-b8c3-9560ecfdbdb1_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

00002_low_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Whatever you do no clear clutch cover :mask: or you will be excommunicated.;)

Bonamici rearsets are very nice btw.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Maybe a generator and clutch cover, and some axle sliders if the worst happens. PPF film is a good idea against stone chips to your shiny new paint, as well as radiator guards. Having the suspension set up to your weight, is probably the best money you can spend however.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks guys, appreciated

For some reason, my previous search didnt find those mirrors but much prefer those so thanks for the pointer, looking at options on those now

6. Had first ride at weekend, defo a different beast compared to the v2 and 959 in used to! love it though, glad finally made the switch

few questions, advised limit on revs to 6k till first service at 621 miles! Makes it hard to ride as spend so much time looking at dash as not used to sounds yet but gears feel really close ratios as at 6k revs in second doing about 50, never changed gears so much since having a 125 so want the run in service done asap! Is the 6k advisory essential, any warranty issues etc if creeping over slowly etc?

Also, was advised by someone to also get an evotech fuel tank guard. They do look ok so for the money will prob get one but anyone had any experience of them? Is it an issue to worry about?

7. If you can get one, get the Lieb Speed carbon undertank protector. Beautifully made and perhaps quite rare given that it looks like Peter has appeared to have retired, which is a HUGE shame as his products are truly beyond exquisite. They are hands down the best carbon parts you can buy and make Fullsix and DP parts look like they were made in a kindergarden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I’ve got the db mirrors they look great on the bike and a breeze to fit. But they are not great if you want to see behind as you have to move your neck like an ostrich to just see what’s behind you. But I guess there won’t be much close behind you on the v4s

9. Trackday bodywork, rearsets, slicks and stop fannying about posing at bike meets.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. The V4S Panigale is a beast! And Lincolnshire offers some great roads to stretch its legs. But be careful, jeez- makes a mental road bike :astonished:

Tank protector? I guess you’re in the lap of the Gods in the event of an off. I have Fullsix carbon fibre tank on mine and I had a fast excursion into the gravel. Protection wise it was PPF’d, side stomp grips and standard gel protector up the middle. It survived thankfully. The protection definitely saved it on this occasion. But obviously a whack-a-thon during a rolly poly end over end type crash is bye bye tank…. And bike :scream: If it’s not crash protection you have in mind, PPF all the way. Offers great paint protection and comes up lovely with a mere wipe :):upyeah:

11. Have to say the B1225 (I think that is right) between Horncastle and Caistor is probably one of the best, fast flowing and undulating roads in the UK. Driven it many times, on my way to and from Humberside airport for work. Can only imagine how much fun it would be on a bike.

12. Yep, know it well. Razzed my car along there too. Always a day Glo leather clad warrior latches on for a joust :D

13. On my way back home to Norfolk yesterday, on this stretch of road, got passed by an Aprilia which wasn't hanging around. The rider didn't really engage in a "joust" as such (being that my car is heavy, as aerodynamic as a brick and only a 1.4 litre) more of a "dispense with this inconvenient obstacle approach".

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. In 2018, the 6k revs in the OM was a misprint, I was advised at the time, up to 9k. I see the latest OM states 7k revs. 2 camps, (1) because the engine management records and stores real time data, keep to the book because of the warranty and (2) WTF, so long as you don’t rag the nuts off it, ride it. Andy

15. So the 6 was printed upside down :D

The first day I got mine I took it for a spin on the back roads. I thought it was a bit flat/tight on the pick up…. Then I pinned it in 3rd and 4th…. Jeeezus… :astonished:

Jumping off a 1098R I initially didn’t realise that the V4S was rationing power in 1st and 2nd… it actually lifts on the gas in 4th. Bloody marvellous!! :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information