1200 DVT New Strada Owner

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jasperthehorse, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Hi all
    just picked up my new Strada and first Ducati on Friday gone.
    Came over from BMW R1200GS LC.
    Trip booked to Northern Germany leaving next weekend as well to learn all about my new fine italian lady.

20150807_185032.jpg

20150807_135831.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Oooo very nice and the proper colour too :)

Hello and welcome into the mad house

Never become complacent with a fine Italian lady ;)

3. Welcome to the forum, nice bike. Off to Germany myself in 3 weeks, hoping for good weather as its a tent job.

4. Very nice. but I don't understand why some Ducati owners make such a fuss over the colour. I opted for a white one as when the red and white bikes were next to each other in the showroom the white looked bigger. Although I do like the Pikes Peak style striping kits that are coming out for the DVT red ones. they look very smart all blinged up

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Congrats and welcome to the Ducati family. What made you get rid of the GS, I have been looking at adding one to the barn just for shits in giggles.

6. Enjoy, great choice

7. Great bike, very hard to fault and did everything asked of it very well in a very "German" fashion. For me it just lacked a bit of soul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Got to be red for your first Ducati though eh?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Im afraid my hotels are booked!! Doing Hull to Zeebrugge then through to tour the Harz mountains for a few days. Plan to visit Colditz as well. Will stick some photos up on return to the uk!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great trip, look foward to seeing some pics. Its a pretty short time from getting the bike to your trip and I wondered how are you going to deal with getting the 600 mile service in, unless you intend on riding alot this week and have it booked before you travel ?

11. [QUOTE="spannerman

Although I do like the Pikes Peak style striping kits that are coming out for the DVT red ones. they look very smart all blinged up[/QUOTE]

I like the sound of that, please expand :) haven't heard anything about any kits

12. Its booked in with a dealer in Germany for monday 17th.
    There was no way I would have got the miles in this week so had to think out of the box a bit.

13. Nice one, strong £ You may get a better price too !

14. As a cash buyer I'm interested in saving as much coin as possible and spend it on farkles, so has anyone brought a dvt from across the pond !

15. Some people I think get intimidated from the red colour, I was looking for red and white summer gloves and the seller was telling me that almost everybody is asking for black colour. Red as a colour is percieved as danger by the hunan eye, but these are just theories of course.

16. I second that, I must admit that until the bike was driven in holding back the throttle was torture and even girlfriend noticed that driving wasn't natural.

17. 20150809_125803.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. someone has gone the eurozone route....
    1200 DVT - Buying In Eurozone… | Ducati Forum

19. Thank nick got it from ducati Manchester.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information