New Streetfighter V4s Ordered

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by DanABZ, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Morning all,

Just thought that I'd come say hi since I have a SF V4S on order. I went with the black and grey theme just because I prefer it over the all red look.

Previously had an 899 that I loved but sold it for a BMW R1250GS Adventure and then had another one of those so I'm happy to get back to the Ducati fold with something a little sportier after a few years away. :)

I have a few accessories ordered but if anyone has any 'must have' things they'd recommend then let me know and I'll see if I can manage to pick them up if I haven't already.

Nice to be back!

Dan

• Like Like x 1
  2. Must have's:

Tail tidy
    Radiator guards
    Sump Guard

Apart from that it's all cosmetic really. Go easy on the first ride, if it's a new model there is no throttling of the power in the first 3 gear, so it can be a bit of a surprise in full power mode. Having said that it has superb slow speed manners and as long as you hang-on... it's great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I should've said what I've already got actually, that might help! So far:

Heated grips (I know, boring. But I loved them on the GS.)
    Evotech rad guards
    Evotech tail tidy
    Evotech sump guard
    DP dynamic indicators
    Spacers for getting rid of the reflectors
    PPF

As for taking it easy, I definitely wasn't planning on jumping to the full power mode. Thinking I'll bounce between the more road oriented settings for the most part since I'm aware I'm an alright rider but not a professional racer or anything. Lol. I've had an extended (400-odd mile) ride on one in the past so I'm relatively well acquainted with it overall, but it's a while since that ride so I'll still be going easy to start. Plus I have to do the break in too.

Thanks for the feedback.

4. True - break in will mean you need to take it easy anyway, good point. Looks like you have it all covered.

True story - I went back into the dealer after I had mine serviced and was like "it's not so bad, I don't know what all the fuss is about..." "You have it on low power mode sir..." ahhh

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Great bikes ,wheni got mine, I must admit I wasn't blown away after loving the engine on the 1200s monster, but after doing a bit of a tour of Wales over the last bank Holiday I really like it now. Rode a .ates tuono, and another's 1200r speed triple. Wouldn't swap the sf for either. The only thing that let's it down is the range, 80 miles to fuel light

• Like Like x 1
  6. yes mileage is a factor.. To be honest it's about the distance my arse and back can go before needing a break anyway, so it's like a natural reminder to stop. I did get 109 miles out of a tank once though. So even when it ticks over to reserve, with careful riding there is some range in there. Not recommending anyway stress test this mind.. Wouldn't want to be pushing it down the motorway :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's certainly going to be a change from the 300 mile range the GS had! :joy: As you say though, it's a good excuse for a stop and if I was out with friends I'd still be stopping every 80-100 miles with them anyway but just didn't fuel up so there's not really much of a difference in that regard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Welcome along. I just sold my 2020 R1250GS to be sure I rode the SFV4S a bit more.

Lovely bike that needs restraint on the UK roads..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks, it's good to be back in the Ducati fold. The GS was a great bike for almost everything in terms of actual riding (although definitely not the fastest bike), but I think that it just lacks that special feel is all. I definitely think that the SFV4S will have that in spades, along with a much more soulful soundtrack.

10. So different and the V4 motor & electronics are sublime - riding another bike on the road other than classics is just not as good I reckon..

Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Congrats it's a great motorcycle and that Grey color looks fantastic.
    Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks a lot. Just need to get the message to say it's started build next, that'll keep me happy. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Your new bike arrived Dan.

IMG_0495.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Awww, what?! I ordered the black and grey!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. From the moment I ordered my sf,to being built and delivered to the shop,was about 5 weeks in total.......
    Although 5 wks of pure hell,was worth the wait in the end lol....
    Hope this helps !!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks, but definitely doesn't help my impatience at all! :joy:
    That being said, I knew that it might be a while because the salesman let me know that the next build for SFs would be in July so I had a heads up when I placed my deposit. And good news yesterday is that my bike is currently in build! So hopefully only a few weeks left to wait. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Assembly at Bologna closes in August, fingers crossed your build is completed and dispatched before then :upyeah: Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. How long does it take to build a bike? Couple of days max I would have thought.

19. That's what I was thinking. Normal cars get assembled in a day or two, I'm sure that they can manage the same on a bike. I always just presumed that the shipping, customs and PDI would be the things that actually take the most time.

20. Think the latest one has a slightly larger tank

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information