Nice Cheap Monster 900

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by bolds, Dec 19, 2015.

• WTF WTF x 1
  1. Ffs are they having a laugh

2. Still be best looking Monster Ducati have produced.

3. How come the pipes are that brown on an unridden bike?

4. this one's never been ridden either :-

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. is it for sale??? :smileys::smileys::smileys::smileys:

6. Tempting, but I think it's a keeper :smiley:

7. Considering my main goal with my Monster was to have a "brand new" 20 year old motorcycle...I do see the obvious appeal...I spent damn near that but I have light wheels, a hot blueprinted motor, every goofy OE part that was obviously a cost cutting move from the factory was upgraded...I still think someone out there will pay that asking price. If I had more $ than I knew what to do with I'd buy it...but I'd promptly prep and RIDE the thing.

All that being said, what do y'all think of that mindset, of a wealthy person who buys a motorcycle like this as purely a piece of art to put on display? I railed on about a guy who had 30 brand new cars from a closed 1940's Chevrolet dealership hoarded in a barn and was told "it's his money" and I was just jealous...are they right? Am I a hater if I have total contempt for a person who does such a thing, while people for whom riding motorcycles is on their DNA and will patch together an old beater out of scrap yard parts every night in his shed after a 12 hour shift at a hot foundry just to have something he/she can ride? There just seems something really sinister about it, along the same lines as shark fin soup and Foi Gras. I have a visceral loathing for ppl who do this $hit.

/rant. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. What a tit for not putting a 916 in his living room instead. Or an 888. Or a SS Superlight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I
    saw this in Abergavenny last summer. The guy is in a wheelchair!

10. yes - went after that bike around three years ago when the then owner had to wave the white flag due to health sadly. Can you imagine the expression of any driver as this bike appears in your mirrors?

#13 Chris, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information